Saturday, September 09, 2006

I'm Dressed All In Blue, And Remembering You...

Another day just pulled thru, and it looks like its been a pretty productive day. Worked for 7 hours, and that went altight, and after that managed to finish off all the Adobe Indesign lessons that I had to do for Graphic Design, and I feel like another weight has been lifted off my mind. Feeling pretty relaxed now, and plan on not doing much for the rest of the night. Waiting for a call from my brother, just to know when my nephew is born. They are stuck in the hospital at the moment.

Honestly, there is too much stuff on the internet, I don't know what I would do without it, life would be quite boring... There are so many sites that have so much to offer, I'm currently in the process of deciding which services to us and which not to, thats the key. I'd like to bring a few services to attention. YouOS, now here is something that is quite cool. Its a vertual destop completely built in AJAX, and can be viewed in your browser, and that can be quite useful if you move around a lot and like to have all your things there in one place. It has a pretty cool looking interface, but I don't really think that this is something that will be that useful to me. However it would be cool to have something like this on you're thumbdrive, that opens up in a browser, so that it can be used anywhere on any computer, even without the internet, this should be looked into, I'm sure someone has built one, and I will come across it sooner or later. The other service is 30boxes. 30 boxes is a calender service online, and is quite similar to google calendar or yahoo calendar. It can be quite useful, and has a few intuative functions that can be quite useful. I'd recomend a test run. The thing that irritates me is that we still don't have blogger beta, or do I have yahoo mail beta. I want my email to run on AJAX, but unfortunately they are just not giving it to me, and I want to use it, as I don't want to have to switch back to gmail just so I can use an AJAX interface, I quite like yahoo mail, but sick and tired of the traditional pages... I have moved up to Web 2.0 and I want all my things to move up to Web 2.0 with me.

So heres the deal, I decided to finally make another interface to this blog, in honor of our 2nd year. Hopefully this project will be finished by the 14th, which is the 2nd year, but no promises right now, as I have to base working on it with the amount of work that I have on my shoulders. As Jester says, its true over the last week or so we have just become geeks!! But i'm not complaining, I at least have a lot of things to do, and read about in my spare time. But alas, my net credits are just plumeting, and if it wern't for these two friends of mine who download everything for me, I don't know what I'd be doing!!

I was watching Scrubs, and then heard this song that had the coolest lyrics I've heard for a while "I'm dressed all in blue, and I'm remembering you, and the dress you wore when you broke my heart, I'm depressed upstairs, and I'm remembering when, where and why, you had to go so far." Haha caught my attention, and then had to find out what song it was, finaly got a listen to it, and its "Come Around - Rhett Miller." If you ever come across it, give it a listen...

I'm really starting to get bored without the company of my friends, I havn't really seen anyone I want to meet in a week or so, and its starting to get to me, but I'm sure I'll get through this, as I remember once doing this for a month when I was in Nepal, so that musta taught me some valuable lessons.

There are people out there who have so really irritating qualities, but I guess we have to live with it. Firstly, people who constantly have to find something wrong with you so that they can feel better about themselves. Its true, they just piss me off, why stick your nose where it doesn't belong?? Is you're life that boring that you have to bother about things in mine? People need to learn how to be more self contained. Secondly, people who assume things about you, who the hell gave them the right to do that? Poeple do that everywhere, generalize, decide who you are before they even bother to get to know you, and its just not right, and they need to do a self evaluation. And lastly for today, people who can't accept that they have made a mistake, and their normal defense mechanism is to either bring up things you've done wrong, or just get angry at you for no apprant reason, and thats quite irritating. You're wrong, deal with it!!!

Alright, thats going to be all for now, I have a few graphics to play around with, and I'm going to have a ball while doing that. Unfortunately I'm in two minds to watch a bit of scrubs, and my what a good show that is! But I really want to sit and do some graphics. Let me publish this, and then see where it takes me...

technorati tags:, , , , , , ,

Blogged with Flock

blog comments powered by Disqus