Monday, September 18, 2006

New Age Confusion...

Another day gone bye, and its getting a little warmer here in Australia, and damn, I'm thankful for that, had enough of winter for one year. Its time to get back into action with classes from tommo, and it should be an action packed second quarter, and all the way thru to the end of the semester, and damn I'm looking forward to that.

Today I realized that I love flickr but it also irritated me at the sametime. It looks like I'm either going to have to go pro and buy an account there or just move to some other site to store my pictures, because it only allows you to store 200 pictures, and aswell as the lack of sets, only 3 are allowed. But I like the service so much, and I actually might consider buying an account. Lets see, I'm checking out Bubbleshare for a while, and if that meets my expectations, then I guess I'll switch there for a while, till I get my credit card, and if I havn't changed my opinion by then.

Today, I decided that I'd had it with the old stupid signatures with only text, so I created a signature with tables, graphics and text, and it worked out to look pretty good. But alas it drove me crazy, it so happens that the yahoomail signature HTML section only works in IE, and I wish I knew that and hadden't tried to get it to work for 2 hours before figurign that out. There needs to be a cross platform integration happening there. About yahoo mail, finally they have released the Web 2.0 version of the email, and now I can live in peace, not having to switch to gmail, and to still have the web 2.0 available. Its great, with keyboard shortcuts and all. I swear the browser is becoming more and more important everyday.

Last.fm is a great site for music list sharing, meeting people with similar music tastes, and to actually find new music that you may actually like rather than listening to most of the crap that plays on the radio. It has a plugin for itunes, windows media player, and other media players, and as songs play they are uploaded to your portal on last.fm, and so you don't have to look thru their database and pick the song you like, the songs you hear are the ones that go there, and while you're listening to them, you can tag them, and rank them. Its a great site for all music entusiasts, and much more useful than myspace or other places. About myspace, it seems that more and more employers are going and visiting the applicants myspace to gain more insight into what type of a person the applicant is, and this is scary people. This maybe a good reason to get rid of that page of yours all together...

These are the things that confuse me, I went to the mall, and bought a frying pan as i need a new one. I looked at a few, and what didn't make any sense was that a 30cm pan cost more than a 40cm pan when they were from the same brand and the same product!! How does that make anysense?? Someone please explain that to me. And yes I did buy the bigger pan.

Music that I've been listing to today has to be "Fall out boy." Give them a listen if you get a chance, quite good music, and their lyrics are juxtaposed just in the correct manner. Anyways, I'm gonna head off to bed, have to meet joaquin in the morning tommo, so takecare folks...

technorati tags:, , , , , , ,

Blogged with Flock

blog comments powered by Disqus