Thursday, January 08, 2015

The Unprovable Hypothesis

What would that even look like?  I mean completely unprovable.  You can't either prove or disprove it.  It's just a grey question lurking out there.  How strange.  Is that a flaw in the scientific method?  Can the system be gamed?

Speaking of gamed, I'm quite sure I'm being played.  But hey, at least I realise it and I can go along.  I'm not really bothered by it.  I've got a few weeks to enjoy the difference, before everything returns to an even more lacklustre normality.  Or is it normalcy?  I don't know.  Maybe both work?

Tips for a better life: be someone else.  Just give it a go.

I look at my work stuff and everything is in the hands of others.  I'm now left out in the lurch.  Or is this just what it is?  That's the problem, trying to reconcile it with what I thought I was capable of?  That's another issue.  I'm too comfortable.  Nothing can be accomplished.  How uneventful.  Sigh.

What's the good life?  James said it was highly subjective.  I completely agree.  Everyone will decide what's a good life for them.  Nobody can define it for you, because they're coming at things from a completely different direction.  What really irks me is this is also the source of conflict.  If people are attempting to live their 'good life' they feel that others are impinging on it and that affects their quality of life, and they will work to destroy other people's good life.  Then the other issue is that some people may believe that the good life is exploitative, and they will do their best to shift people's perceptions so that an objective 'bad life' becomes someone's 'good life' because they are taught to believe that servitude for others is the right thing to do. 

I'm on a roll.  I don't know what it is, but I've been having some fantastic blognote-esque thoughts of late.  I don't know what hit me yesterday.  I just could not sleep at all.  I was in bed a good 2 hours before I finally managed to sleep.  But on the bright side I slept until my alarm went off.  But in that time, I was full of great philosophical thoughts and anxiety!  A winning combination if you ask me.

But on the super awesome side, I got some fantastic guitar practice in.  Yes, I'm still struggling a bit, and there were a lot of bum notes and just weird wrist behaviour, but it was just fun, damn it!  I really enjoyed playing again, and I was still coming up with fresh and new ideas.  Not bad at all.  I've still got the creative streak in me.  It's important not to lose that facet.  In fact, that's probably the most important thing you can have as an artist. 

What really irks me about these areas is that they only promote those who have a wide host of experience.  It doesn't matter if they have been in each of those places for one month, as long as they have a long string of them in their resume.  How can anyone know anything?  How can anyone become an expert in a given area?  It doesn't even create generalists, because they don't have a proper understanding of anything.  And therein lies the root of the problem.

It's a strange feeling isn't it?  Just fucking something up.  Completely and utterly.  Once you realise it, take ownership of it and just live with it, it's almost a cathartic experience.  It's a weird lesson in acceptance.

I'm still pretty messed up with this change to my sleep cycle, so I don't have a lot of energy or motivation to get anything done.  But I still have to!  Okay I better get to it.  Hope I don't screw up.

Nothing but side-eye action over here.  A side-eye on your house!  A side-eye on all your houses!  It's difficult to get any work done in this sort of environment.  I can't get started.  Story of my life.  Story of your lives.

Absolutely smashing it today!  And it's only 10 o'clock!  This is a good and a bad sign.

The pretty youthful reckless.  I like the sound of that.

Rightyo, 3.5 hours to go.  I got this.  I got this.  As I keep telling myself.  Just let these days pass quickly, so I can just sleep this weekend away.  That's all I want.  Well maybe I want more.  But I'm not going to acknowledge that.

Yahoo's news service is awful.  There's no disputing that.  You can't convince me otherwise.  But I do enjoy reading the comics on the US version of the site.  So it really irks me when you can't set the US site as the default, and it keeps trying to send me to the Australian Yahoo7 site in the first instance!!  It doesn't take!  You can't amend the cookies!  Screw youuuu!  This way Yahoo gets double the hits from me.  Shocking.  I just want to laugh at Dilbert and Garfield's antics!  That's it! 

Right here is where dreams go to die.  Let's get this all sorted today.  It's just getting crazier out there.

Nobody involves me in shit.  I guess that's alright.  It's better than not being involved.  There was no spark to begin with.  I'd prefer to be left out of it! 

The most important question to me right now is whether I can make it through the next 2 hours.  But I've hit a wall at the dead-end.  Time dilate me.  I want out of this, or just a breather for a bit.  I want to come back to something else.

90 minutes!  Rarghhh!  I feel like my brain has literally fried in my skull.  It's not a great feeling.

But somewhere there is accomplishment.  Even if it's not mine.  These posts this week have just been insane!  I suppose it's a function of being back at work, and not having blogged in some time.  Hope you're all enjoying it at least.  I can see a heart shaped cloud from here.

Oh man!  I applied for a job, and I was rejected from that job just 21 minutes later!!  Hahaha surely that's gotta be some sort of record?!  Jesus!  A guy's got feelings ya know, hahahahaha.  That's priceless.

Let's call it a day, shall we?

Joaquin out.
blog comments powered by Disqus