Saturday, January 17, 2015

Negativity Is Like Gravity

I don't have the eyes for this anymore.  Maybe it's more of a concentration and focus issue.  I wonder why?  It's not like I've been doing anything that would deliberately bring my skills down?  Well unless it's a sleep issue.  That would probably explain everything.  How can these keep flowing through?  I used to be so good at this.  Well time can certainly change a person. 

It's not about the reply.  It's more that it was read.  That's the key.  I was reading that negativity bias is a massive indicator for humans.  So that means negative experiences and memories tend to drown out more positive ones, and that informs your psychology and thoughts and behaviours.  Why is this?  We are told to remain positive and upbeat and generally optimistic, but you have even a slight downer and that takes over your entire train of thought.  Is this wired into us from evolution?  It's interesting that evolution and biology could have some sort of psychological impact like that.  Evolutionary biology is a fantastic field of science, and I wish I did more study in this area.  But I'm also excited by the field of nanotechnology!  A lot of fantastic discoveries being made.  But I really hope for a breakthrough in practical application within my lifetime.  That'd be fantastic to see.

Not enough funding is given to science and medicine.  Why is that?  That's the key to our future and our survival and ongoing sustainability, but no government, regardless of political persuasion really focuses on it, and it's a damn shame.  I guess we all helped to dig our own graves.  It's weird to have met someone who has died.  Unless you're extremely unlucky, this will happen to most people in their lives.  When you think back to when you met them, did they realise that the clock was ticking and fast?  I know someone who died just this week, and I last saw them about a month or so ago.  It's weird.  I didn't know the clock was ticking.  I doubt they did either.  They were relatively young.  But the truth is we all have the clock ticking just above our head.  We don't know when zero hour approaches.  Nobody does.  And it will run out for everyone. 

What is even going on?  I'm shocked by it all.  But it's alright.  It's to be expected.  I'm not fazed.  Don't think it's more than it actually is.  That's the folly of humanity.  I know exactly what's going on, at least for once.  Don't be confused.  Don't get confused.  I can't help but think of Jon Bon Jovi's Blaze of Glory!  Shot downnnnnnn!  Oh shit, now I'm worried.  What the hell is going on?  You can put that in any context!  Guaranteed to work a treat.

Negativity is like gravity because it keeps us grounded.  It crushes us.  But I am moving forward.  I make progress.  I can run this.  Yikes, a different zero hour approaches for me.  Why does my body like to betray me?  It acts totally against habit and type.  Well I had a weird experience this morning.  I went for a suburban run and it just felt like my body was not mine.  There is a mind that was mine but it is inhabiting a body that is entirely foreign.  I felt weirdly detached from everything.  It's like I was having an existential crisis!  What the hell is going on?? 

Don't feel, conceal!  I like that, it's applicable to so many of life's challenges and worries.  Just don't care.  Just let it go.  Let everything go.  Just be carried off by the waves and see what happens.  La dee daaa.  I like that!  Hahahaha.  Oh man, I have to prep for this.  I hope it's not life changing.  I was probably getting too comfortable.  I have the ability to make it right. 

Destruction is easier than construction.  I guess that's why we do it so often.  How much have our eyes seen?  How many times have our hearts pumped?  It can't be infinite.  Nothing can be.  That is the way of nature.  That is the way of science.  It all has to end.  Things must change.  They must become something else.  Okay I think I may pass out from tiredness here.  Which is strange, because I slept early last night and slept right until my alarm went off.  This body is falling apart.  It really is all downhill from here, isn't it?? 

I'm not really galvanised in this.  Ahhh, 2 hours to go.  On the upside it's not as long a day as usual, but it's going to be an incredibly long night.  I hope I can stay awake for it all.  If life changes, I may not even be able to blog like this for a long time.  Wow, my motivation has hit an all time low. 

Done and done.

Joaquin out.
blog comments powered by Disqus