Monday, January 19, 2015

Sleep Mortified

The important thing is that the message got across.  At least I hope so.  Or the sentiment can just be out there.  That's just as good.  Well for me it is.

What a crazy weekend.  I'm hoping I don't see many more like that.  It's the bitter pill of excited anticipation.  And it's not an anti-climax.  But it's nuts.  It's all so much more beyond me.  On Saturday I came home at 3am, after a ridiculously long night.  Then on Sunday morning I slept at 6am because I was absolutely buzzing.  So of course, come to Monday and I am absolutely laced.  I am tired and passing in and out of consciousness at my desk. 

I've got a little bit to do at work today.  But I'm hoping for a quiet day.  I just want to go home, go to sleep early and forget about this.  God, am I still hungover?  I hope not.  Please let there be no meetings.  I suppose I can run faster and longer when I'm not on stimulants.  Who would have guessed?  Hahaha, not me!  I need a week to recover.  Just gotta wake the hell up.  Man.  What the hell am I saying?  This is all nuts.  I think I may need to stop this one early to save all of us a bit of misery. 

It's 2015?  Holy shit.  Is this a case of who blinks first?  Cause if it is, my eyes are already closed.  Lost before I even began.  Am I just slower now?  Am I getting older?  Or is this just because the gradient is a factor?

I recall the days before my smartphone.  Well the days before any mobile phone really.  People multitask and use the phone as a distraction.  But I didn't have that.  I had nothing.  I would be trapped in the car for hours.  Hours and hours.  Nothing to do to entertain myself except my own mind and my observational skills.  I would people watch and make up dialogue and back stories for people.  So yeah, I have great patience.  I can't get bored.  The phone doesn't enhance anything of that sort for me.

Yes I know what time it is.  Still 90 minutes to go.  At least I have things to keep me busy! 

So busy that the day is done!

Joaquin out.
blog comments powered by Disqus