Saturday, April 28, 2012

X marks the spot!

The long awaited post from is finally here. Yes, I know it has been quite a while since I have posted a blog entry, but the good news is that it should be a bit more frequent from now on. Last month or so has been my getting adjusted to the whole plethora of things that have changed in my life. As I have just resized, change is inevitable, I've changed so much since the days of high school and the few years following that. Most people would probably agree that these are good changes and one that should have changed a long time ago, but then again it all depends on who's perspective you look at it from. Work has taken some adjusting to, as 4 days in the week I bust my ass making sandwiches for people, and now you may call me "lord of the subs." But to be honest, I am loving having a job, if not for anything else, for the fact that time does go by a lot faster with work involved. But alas that also means with the addition of classes and work, there isn't much time left for other things. But I am on my two week break, which really isn't a break, but I get time off classes, and that means that I can finish off most of my work during this period, and then have a little more free time on my hands for the next portion of semester, so don't worry the usual rants about whats going on in my head will be back from now on.

The media pisses me off, and so do journalists, no offense to the other of course. But journalists sometimes so unethical about the stuff they write about. For example the other week there was a poll about who is the prefered political party in Australia, and the results were 51% to 49% and they went on in the article about how the party with 51% looks good, and that they are going to win. But to the normal man it looks accurate, but unfortunately there was a sampling error of + or - 3% so that means that none of the results where anywhere close to being accurate. So comes the question, what are journalists about?? The next story or what is actually happening?? That is a question that can never be answered. And what irrtates me about the media most is that, they construct what news is important and what is marginalized. Let me give you an example, there are hurricanes in the USA, and now its the end of the world, and its on the news all the time, but the hones truth is that more people die in the third world for many other reasons, lets not even get into natural disasters, but guess what?? Those are over looked. So I'm being told that news in the first world is more important than the new in other parts of the world. This is a power racism happening here. If you are not powerfull, you have no say. It no longer one person one vote, its one dollar one vote.

That brings me to the next topic. Political ideologies, all of the ideas that have been conceptualized in the past are in good in theory, be it Marxism, Democracy or any of the lot. What screws them up is the fact that humans are so flawed. If we were robots and never thought about ourselves before the state, then there would be no issues. But then there are human qualities like greed, jealousy, envy, conformity, etc, that just screw up every single one of these systems. We honestly are not capable of living in a civilization, we all need to be put in our own space never to leave, else there is always going to be conflict. We are just flawed... I guess its all of gods plans, put us in a situation that is flawed in the start and see which one of us learn how to be good human being, before the rest, and then rewarded. I'm becoming more and more cynical about humans, they are too flawed, and they never seem to be able to stick to their words or they just aren't dependable...

Excuses seem to always drive some peoples lives. As long as they don't take full responsibility for their own actions, excuses are always there to give them a sense of escapism. Its always the easy way out. And out of all the excuses that I have heard, "I was drunk is one of the most cowardly excuses." It says the most about a person, that they are unwilling to take any responsibility of their actions, just blame it on other things. I've been hearing that more and more often as an excuse, and if you ask me its sad. Everyone seems to be lacking a pair of balls, and admitting what they have done. People step up, stop hiding behind alcohol!

There are a lot of other issues that I want to write about, and just haven't gotten to it in a while, but I will slowly but surely, fill up my ideas over the next few days, so expect to hear a lot more from me... Irritated, pissed off on many occations, and really hating the world from time to time, haha expect some good posts in the next few weeks.... For now its time to take a pause, tune in again for some new action...
blog comments powered by Disqus