Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Modern Warfare 4: Incentives To Win

In light of my semi-recent readings on Freakonomics and
Superfreakonomics (again, props to the other for introducing me to the
books), I was thinking yesterday about incentivised warfare. Let's
say that a smaller country was invaded by a larger one. It would make
sense that the larger country would prevail on the strength of numbers
in its military force. However, let's just say that the smaller
country offered incentives to its citizens to capture or kill enemy
combatants. Just imagine how quick the tide of battle would turn if
things such as cash rewards, or real property, or tax breaks were
offered for proof of bodies? At the moment, fighting is (typically)
limited to people who want to fight just because they want to. They
are either paid for it, or they have a point to prove (terrorists
etc). People don't fight as a means of reward via incentives. I mean
some batshit nutcases in the US army have been documented as
collecting body parts as souvenirs and what not, but in reality, these
things are of no real value. Start offering people money for dead
bodies, and it's all fantastic. Armies cannot usually engage
civilians in standard rules of engagement, so it would be a very
interesting scenario.

Aiming to look into the computer situation tonight. Just going to
open up the case and see how dusty things are, as well as to see
whether there's any loose cables on the motherboard or on the hard
drive connection to the motherboard. If Windows XP is corrupt, I
wonder if I will be able to salvage anything off my desktop - at least
hopefully I can! Doesn't matter if I need to format at some point or
reinstall windows. Though I am curious as to how my XP became
corrupted. Then again, it may just be a mobo issue. Picking up my
new computer next weekend. Still also looking to offload my bike this
week, which would be handy, cause it would pay for my computer, as
well as the repairs to the existing machine.

Then again, I'm also enjoying this time without the computer, I do
recall that in Sydney before I bought a new machine, I was just
enjoying watching tv from time to time, as well as playing Fifa 2004
on my Xbox (not to mention Halo, and loving every second of it). I
just found I had more free time for stuff rather than being chained to
my desk for no reason at all basically. Hmm, let's aim to keep this
relatively short today. I'm also just playing guitar with no scales
or exercises. Just playing things I enjoy, and it's fun!


So what is going on? It has been days and I do not know if you are ok
or well. I know you've gone home, but how. I feel abandoned, and I
wonder if I'm the one who gets the least amount of your time and
attention now. I'm sure you'll just say that you were busy, but
really, can you not spare 5 fucking seconds of your day to say that
you're ok? And I wish I did not care, but I do, and that cannot be
helped. It's like you want to get rid of me from your life. And I
know you don't think about me. I know you don't care about me and
that really pisses me off. I'm not as selfless as I was before, not
after knowing you.


Joaquin out.

blog comments powered by Disqus