Monday, February 14, 2005

You've got yourself to blame!

Damn the sun to hell! Of course the Sun is hot and would probably not mind one bit. My arms are just NOW starting to peel after being burnt 2-3 weeks ago! What's up with that?! The skin on my forearms are just falling off, I look like a survivor from the Chernobyl disaster. I've moisturised and such and it's slightly better, but I think one is going to have to actually use the exfoliating bar in order to get rid of what remains. Sheeit, I'm practically a sex change away from being a woman (well isn't that the case with all guys)?!

I just finished watching Unfaithful and it was freakin' FANTASTIC! I love a good juxtaposition, and there were plenty of cuts like that. Suburban tales are what is lacking in modern cinema, but I think it's been making a comeback in recent years. Moral of that movie? Don't trust men with exotic accents with your loved one!!!! Everyone and I mean EVERYONE must see this movie.

The entertainment business is full of people with no talent these days. Case in point: Lindsay Lohan and Ashlee Simpson! One of my good friends who is currently in Europe came online to deliver a rant of epic proportions regarding Miss Simpson, then apologised and promptly disconnected. The other and I were actually able to watch the SNL incident a few nights ago and it was just absolutely shocking. Then there was her performance at a recent NFL game where she was booed for sounding crap. How did this girl become famous?! That's right, it's all her sister and her father. You know the ones, the blonde bimbo who only got somewhere due to her massive mammaries and the creepy minister...who doubles as both their agents...who obviously has some incestuous issues regarding his elder daughter. Jessica is already "famous" so of course Ashlee is famous by proxy. She's untalented and ugly, and Daddy Dear realised this, so he got her to "goth up" and capitalise on the hidden 'loser' market. In interviews she said she was tired of living in her glamorous sister's shadow and she had to try and do her own thing. This would have no doubt garnered full support from the countless number of teens/tweens who are sick of living in a siblings shadow and look to Ashlee as a kind of "rebel".

If anyone saw her two live performances, you'd wonder how she's still able to call herself a singer. Surely there would have been a gigantic backlash and what not but her sales in fact GREW. I think her fan base are more interested in the image, and even out of insane jealousy/envy, they will stop at nothing to keep Ashlee on top, even if she's a product of market and some studio savvy producers with their fingers on the auto voice tuner.

I saw Lindsay Lohan's clip "Rumours" a few weeks back courtesy of Azureus BitTorrent. How did this girl get anywhere?! She is terrible in her chosen field of acting, and must also mess up the world of music. What surprised me was that the song was decent in melody, however the video and lyrics were absolutely horrendous. I haven't had a chance to check out the charts (read: wake up in time to actually watch the countdown on tv), so I don't know how well it's been doing in Australia since it's realease. It will no doubt do extremely well, once again due to her fan base. This is despite also having an "Ashlee" moment, when she performed live on Good Morning America a few weeks back and the look on the audience's faces PERFECTLY told the story when she was singing at an extremely high pitch and out of tune. However, in this case I don't mind so much because Miss Lohan is rather foxy and the more media exposure she gets, the more I get to see her! What REALLY bugs me however is that the song is basically about how the media have unfairly portrayed her as a bitch and what not and how she hates people spreading rumours about her. WELL, in order to stop that from happening, one should stop assaulting the public's senses on various media as well as not date people practically a decade older than oneself and not have a messed up family and finally not have plastic surgery to alter one's bustline!!

Damn, this is turning into a monster blog so I must do my best to summarise my other points and save the rest for another night.

As the other and I were venturing around university last week in order for him to choose his classes, I was amazed at the sheer number of girls who have taken to wearing hot pants! HAHAHAHA excuse me, sorry but who the hell wears hot pants?! Why don't you just not wear any goddamn pants at all?! It's basically the same effect! I shouldn't complain though, I am guilty of a perve BUT I must also say that after the initial shock and fascination has passed, I am back into cynical mode and paying out said ladies almost instantly and the hormones are sent back home. I guess the only positive point I can drag out of this cesspool is that the ladies who I've seen so far have great bodies and are fairly decent looking, let's not talk about what could possibly happen if these two factors were not apparent!

I was discussing the hot pants issue with Les Femme Anomaly (hehe one could say it's a "hot" topic, oh me so lame)! And it was decided that it's not a practical issue with skimpy clothing such as the previously mentioned and ultra minis, it's more of a getting noticed issue. She said girls who wear that stuff don't deserve to be sexually harrassed, but they don't deserve to shout at guys when they get checked out. I am inclined to agree.

SUPERFINE HAS A CLONE!!! THE CLONE LIVES SOMEWHERE IN MY AREA!!! I saw her shopping with her mother when the other and I were there last week, but I declined to make a fuss. This is rather disturbing but good as it'll satisfy my superfine needs since the original is in Canada on exchange for this semester. Ahh next sem will be awesome, all the old crew will be back together for one of our Comm classes, it'll be grand.

That's it for tonight folks, have a nice day! Damn Valentine's Day, let's see how this goes...NOTE TO SELF: DON'T FORGET PRESENT AND CARD!
blog comments powered by Disqus