Thursday, February 03, 2005

Was it different?

I watched Joss Stone's live performance on tv last night and it was fantastic! She's one of the few people who can actually replicate her voice/talent live, as opposed to others who are all just manufactured. I also got to hear her speak!! I love her quaint British accent! It's just so prim and proper, and when she breaks into song it's just amazing!

Woo, only 16 hours till the other arrives! It should be grand.

You know what's a rather disturbing predicament? Knowing someone for a long time, thinking you have them all pegged, then some time is spent apart and then they're brought back into your life and they've changed totally.

There's a usual fairytale in American entertainment that two children (a boy and girl), will know each other from a very young age, and then over time they'll become friends and then a more serious relationship will develop until they get married.

I've known a girl for an incredibly long time. I think I first came into contact with her when she was an infant and I was just a few years older. She lives in the next suburb so our families saw each other quite regularly. So this went on for several years and I formed the opinion that she was a bright and wonderful little girl. As the line in the Tears For Fears Song "Everybody Wants To Rule The World" will tell you, nothing lasts for ever. Eventually we saw each other less and less and I entered a good ol' recluse phase where I didn't go anywhere with my folks. I don't know, maybe a decade later my family had a dinner party and out of nowhere this incredibly beautiful woman came upstairs and we started talking. I was impressed at how graceful she seemed but something was troubling me. Sure enough, it turned out to be that girl who I hadn't seen in years.

That was a few years back, and for some strange reason I'm having dreams about her, like she really needs to talk to me or something. I'm not a psychic, nor do I believe in that stuff, but I do have some freaky coincidences and some foresight when it comes to dreams and random intuition. Or maybe my mind has worked it out that way so I could manipulate her. I don't know why, but sometimes I hurt people out of a force of habit. I think I need to see her again. Who knows?

I'm watching this weird Austrian movie on SBS, it makes no sense! WHERE'S THE NARRATIVE?! It's just a collection of random events, I'm certain it's not a montage either, how scary!

Have a nice day people.
blog comments powered by Disqus