Sunday, February 27, 2005

Phone... Check... Food... Check...

Firstly I would like to apoligize for the long absense that I have had. As the other has mentioned in the other blog, my network has been really stuffed and haven't been able to blog in quite a while. I am extremely sorry for that. And no my network hasn't been fixed yet, but they say it will be fixed by Monday (thats what they said last week!!). For now I had to come all the way to Madamn N's place to blog, see all you readers come first (Yeah right!!). So I'll make it up to you guys sometime. But I cant promise its going to be now.

My stomach is bloody wierd. Seriously, when there is more food around than I need I am not hungry at all, and when I have to bother making the food, I am starved. At home all I have to do is pick up the phone and place an order (yes I know, back at home I am spoiled, but are you spoiled if you done't avail the service??). I was never hungry then, eating felt like a waste of time, I'd rather just sit in my chair and kill some more time online. Those days are past, now everytime I feel the slightest urge to eat, I stuff myself silly, and its great I tells ya. There is a lot of food here that I like. Maybe its because the food that you get here is more my type of food. I just realised recently that I like very rich food, usually I dont eat a lot of food that is rich, but its true, slap more cheese on it, and damn I am happy. And on that note, I had the most amazing cheese cake the other day, it was to die for!!! I must go back there soon (Dammit I feel the urge for some more food!!!). Or maybe its because I am doing a lot more and burning a lot more calories?? I am going to class, walking a lot to get from one place to another (believe it or not, I am stepping out of my room a lot, I actually look forward to it, yes this is the same bum that had to be pushed out to get out of the room!!). Whatever the reason is, damn I have started to really enjoy food, my mum would be so proud!!! She always wanted a fat kid, I happen to skinnier than 93% of the people out there...

The net has become a key factor in my life, or so I thought!!! Yes it still has a big influence in my life, but not as much as it did back in Nepal. Yes I have to do lectures online, so I have to say its pretty important, but back at home I used to wake up for the internet. You don't see me jumping of the roof cause my nets not working at the moment. This got me thinking, why was the net so important back then??Two simple reasons. Firstly there wasnt much else to do there, limited friends who were all busy, and I was free like a bird. Its true, its hard to keep track of people who are working or studying, when you yourself don't do anything. Once you get back into a schedule, its easy to remember other peoples schedules aswell. This probably due to the fact that the weekdays and the dates mean something to you again. Like I could tell you now that tommo is the last day of the month, damn this month is short, and I could tell you that there isnt going to be much happening, because its a sunday... And secondly because I had people I wanted to talk to online. Yes I was an MSN junkie, and sat up till odd hours and would just chat with people. This doesn't happen now, because all the people that I talk to are in the same time zone, and hell they are in the same city. Picking up the phone is easier, more satisfying, and more efficient, and my phone doesnt go down (knock on wood "knock,knock")... Its funny how somethings seem more important at different times. Alright, the forces of nature are telling me that I sould stop blogging right now, else crazy wasps are going to come and attack... eeeekkkk...
blog comments powered by Disqus