Saturday, February 26, 2005

Be good to the milko - she's a wannabe rapist

I have a hankering these days for John Mayer and Babylon Zoo. I know I know, Mayer's song writing style is absolutely trite and deserves to be kicked in the face but shite, that kid can really play his guitar. Damn, if I had the money to go to the Berklee school of music, I think I could outdo him! Until then, I'll stay self-taught. Everyone knows that the best guitarists have a background in and a fondness for the blues - Slash, Eric Clapton, Jimi Hendrix, SRV and good ol' Jimmy Page.

Anyway, I'm really enjoying his albums at the moment - very ethereal with a pitter patter of virtuoso playing and a good mixture of some wickedly queer chords and strumming patterns. Well that answers that, but what about Babylon Zoo? I've only heard one of their songs!! But ever since they've been showing the promos for Battlestar Galactica (I've decided that it's better than decent...but it still isn't good), they've re-used the song "Spaceman" each time! I've had it in my playlist for a long time, yet I've never listened to it in it's entirety until recently. Strange effects, a swagger of power chords and a solo which is just played across octaves - I think it may even be a freakin' precursor to good ol' garage music!

Why does Gwen Stefani overuse the japanese culture in her video clips? Sure, you can get away with it in one clip (this goes for any singular cultural reference), but to have it as a running theme just makes it terribly lame.

I've also got another hankering for Nina Sky!! Their voices are just divine!! I want to make a shiteload of money to fly them to my house and they can sing me to sleep. Just THE best melodic voices you'll ever hear. I'm also shocked by the fact that they are two years younger than I am! It also helps that they are Puerto Rican in origin and that just tra la la la la doo doo deee....!

My father wants me to have a party for my 21st this year, I told him to get stuffed. - Random Comment of the day.

I was just watching the netball (Australia butchered England) and I noticed that there are some really attractive women on that team! Same goes for the old school Opals in Basketball as well as some members of the Capitals. What is it with ball sports and attractive girls (oh the imagery and semi pun mixed with the irony should be slaying all of you right about now)?!

Had a scary moment in my Advanced R & R class the other day. I was complaining to the other how I didn't know anyone in that class and that they'd probably be older than I am and how I really dislike being alienated because of that, when I can't drive it to push me harder. I was waiting in the corridor when this lovely young woman was directed to the same room and we just started talking - until she found out she was in the wrong class!! So you can imagine me cursing my luck as she stepped down the hall. Then I was cracking the hell up again when another girl approached me and we started talking. Anyway, the class had the intro task of chatting to the person next to them and then getting up in front of the class to talk about what they discovered. I got paired with some dude but when that girl's partner spoke she said that the girl had a 2 year old daughter and I did a freakin' double take!!! I think half the classes jaws hit the table!! She doesn't look a day over 24 or thereabouts so she musta had the child when she was my age and that's just scary! Good luck to her though.

FUCK ME DEAD! They just played The Stone Roses on video hits (late night of course)! I'd like to thank that certain someone who got me into them!! You know who you are!! Damn John Squire - note to myself get a freakin' Wah pedal!!! Their drummer is a demon! I wish I was in a funk band, but I don't have the patience for playing that kinda stuff, I love listening to it though. They are a handsome bunch of lads, and this was a clip from the late late 80's!! They could pass for funky if we took them out on the town tonight. I bet they started the whole bohemian "heroin sheik" look.

Also met a friend of the other's who I was told was going to be hell-arious! He was right. I've never seen someone eat so much food before.

300 pages of reading to do for next week, at least there's only 1 set of tutorial questions to do so I think I should be able to get SOME rest in. Have a nice day folks.
blog comments powered by Disqus