Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Why Are We Doing This? Pondering/Wondering

Sometimes you need to be reminded, but then again you need to ask questions just as important.  Today is a whacky day, I can tell it's going to be.  It started off weirdly enough, I wasn't tired.  Tuesdays are usually the day when sleeping late on the weekend catches up to me and I feel exhausted, but I got up fine.  Of course post-gym I'm now ready to go back to sleep.  It's alright that I don't have a lot to do workwise, cause I've got a lot of other stuff I need to catch up on.  That's it, just catching up forever and always.  Never setting your own agenda, it's all based on other people's.  Just a bystander here.  I'm not important.  I disappear into the wind, and I'm carried on the waves. 

Started some half step down goodness on guitar on my own stuff.  Interestingly, not everything sounds better.  It'll have to be a little bit trial and error.  I wonder why it is.  Maybe I'm used to hearing some songs a certain way?  I'm sure I've got an objective ear and I can tell what of mine sounds good and bad.  I need a few more guitars!  That would make life a bit more easier in terms of different tunings. 

Oh life!  You are a weird, weird thing.  You would think that things get easier as you get older, but the fact is it doesn't.  Life becomes more complicated.  You have to think about stupid things like property renting or buying, life insurance, transportation and what not.  Budgeting.  All these silly frivolous things.  That's the rub - you have it best when you're young, but you're technically robbed of choice when you have freedom.  You have more choices when you're older, but there's no freedom.  That's the fallacy of life.  You look forward to something that will never happen.  It's delusional behaviour. 

Damn, a big problem is that I need to get going on some of my errands, but I'm totally spacing out.  That's not good because I'm bound to make a huge mistake. 

Are there any big problems to deal with today?  Are there any big questions to ponder?  No issues?  Can I think?  Am I coherent and rational? 

Isn't Yahoo news a joke?  Whenever there's a story involving someone of colour, the comments are always so insanely racist.  There's no real commentary, there's no debate, no informed discussion, it's always trumpeting on about why they hate people of that race.  One particular story from today is about some silly kid (who happens to be black) in school whose (white) teacher organised a group of older kids to beat him up because he was being unruly and disrepectful.  The story has nothing to do with race, it's about a stupid kid disrespecting his teacher, and a teacher behaving incredibly unethically.  Now all the comments are all about how the kid deserved it, and things like this only happen with black people.  Why is that?  Why do white people hate black people so much?  Why do they think there is such a fundamental difference between them?  Why are people so disenfranchised about their own lives that they even need to come down so ridiculously harshly on people?  Something is rotten in America, and that sort of thinking is spreading around society.  The fact is that race is a social construct.  At a genetic level, a lot of these firebrand racists would find they are more closely related to a lot of blacks then to people they think are 'more like them'.  And the pure stupidity and hatred of people means that even if that evidence was presented to their face, they would deny it and denounce science as a liberal construct.  How ridiculous.  But that's people for you.  They are idiots.  This is the culture and environment of fear that is presented by the conservatives to keep them in power, and to cause divisions between people. 

Hmmm, time is getting away from me which isn't a good sign, but I'll get on to things as soon as I can wake up and be a little more lucid. 

Yikes, where is this post going?  None of us get what we want anyway.  Just think, stop and think.  Try to take a step back from who you are and look at how you view the world.  This is your consciousness right now, just sitting there, looking through your eyes and interpreting what I write down here.  That's going to end someday.  Isn't that strange?  This, everything you know, it will be gone, just like that. 

iOS 7.1 runs quite well on newer iPhones, but I'm noticing some weird stuff.  Firstly, the phone volume through headphones is really low, even if the volume is turned up to maximum (which will murder your ears once you get out of a call).  That's not happened with previous version of iOS.  Another thing is playing music!  If I play a song then pull my headphones out, regardless of whether I'm in a playlist or not, when I restart music, it'll always load up a new song.  With previous versions of iOS, it would resume playing where I stopped.  But then again, sometimes it would keep resuming from the same spot - no matter how many songs I had skipped to, or whether I was on another playlist!  Crazy stuff, they still need to iron out these bugs.

Okay, I think I'm awake and with the program, so I'll do my best to get this show on the road.

You know what's the worst?  When you try and try, but you still make a mistake.  It's a sick feeling you get down at the pit of your stomach.  Sometimes it doesn't even matter if you were actually right all along, because nothing ever changes that initial feeling of shock and horror, and a disbelief at your own abilities. 

I need something more.  Something more than this.  It's what drives us.  But I'm not driven.  This will never be the same.  This isn't how we find things.  It's what was left of us when it was finished. 

It's been a busy day, and in fact tomorrow will be even crazier, just looking at my calendar for tomorrow, it's gonna be even crazier.  May not even have time to write up an entry, but we'll see what happens.  Ride the wave.  Never the right one though.  But it'll have to do.  On the up and the outer.

Joaquin out.
blog comments powered by Disqus