Monday, April 07, 2014

Getting On, Moving Along

These are strange times.  Times change, artificially and it all means nothing, despite the impact it has on everyone.  Was it beauty I found in summer?  The more I think about it, it may actually have been winter.  That was when the sun was rare and when it shone, it was unusually special and clear.  I can see for miles, but everything out there is what scares me.  I didn't get a lot of things done that I wanted to this weekend, but I'll make more of an effort next time around.  I just have to make it there.

The only thing worse than going to the gym is not going to the gym.  Because when those days of not going gradually notch up, going back to the gym makes it hurt all the more. Maybe I'll be a bit more with the program now though.  At least it's keeping me warm. 

What is this new crappery with the Apple store?  App prices in Australia have risen considerably, and iTunes was always a rip off.  Whereas songs in the US cost 99 cents, they cost up to 2.20 here, despite having near dollar parity.  There's no physical files, so logistical issues can't be the explanation for this.  Digital companies like to rip off Australia because they can get away with it.  There's no price regulator worth their salt here.  There are no penalties for gouging the public because we're willing to pay the prices.  It's not right.  And prices are not set properly.  A song I was looking at the other day was 2.20, which is fair enough.  But the instrumental introduction which runs for barely 60 seconds was also the same price!  What the hell?!  That's not scaled properly.  Stupid.  I hope it forces more people to Android and using the Play store.

Ahh coffee swilling assholes.  Where did they all come from?  They've taken over.  This town is full of them.

Time to make a break for it.  Gotta get out of it.  Time to simplify and start living life in a more personal way.  It's no longer mine, my life. 

I've been reading the Slash biography.  I'm only 50 pages in, and he's only just now picked up the guitar at 15, but he's already living a crazy life.  It's addictive stuff, I don't even want to work.  I just want to read more of it!  It's great.

So yeah, we're coming up to 10 years of non-stop blogging action here at Anarchy Inside My Mind.  I think after June or July or so I may stop with the near daily updates to allow me some adequate time to conduct the blog intro/retrospective.  I really want to get through each post in detail and start tagging things properly.  Considering the amount of posts there are, I imagine this will take a few months to get through, so for a while there may be some radio silence from my end.  I'm also looking at trying to get Disqus out of the blog code and just relying on the standard blogger comments system, since it's been vastly improved since we switched over.  Hopefully more people will feel compelled to comment, and I'll actually be notified this time around!

It's been a while since we've done controversial opinions on here.  We used to them quite often in our early posts during university and it's something I miss a fair bit.  I think all people should have the right to commit suicide at any time.  It's the sign of an enlightened society.  Nobody should be forced to live, not if they don't want to.  Now we get into some murky territory with people who are depressed and go off and commit suicide.  Because people are so adamant that people should live and have a chance to turn it all around.  That's a bit of a misnomer, because we make fun of people who are old and white and rich and male legislating on behalf of everyone else, so why do we let mentally healthy, living people make the same call?  How come others are told to live in a liberal society?  We are so quick to say women should be allowed to abort foetuses.  We like to create arbitrary lines saying that some can live while others can die.  That's not how things should work.  If you want the right to abort, others should be allowed to die if it is their choice.  Physically healthy young people should be allowed to die if they feel that they cannot go on.  If they feel they are of no use to society, then society would have no use for them.  Now that's controversial, baby!

Got a fair bit of work to get through today, so I should focus on that for a while.  3 public holidays this month!  I can't wait.  Just want to sit at home and veg out like the lazy person I am.

Is this a fair society?  Where some guy who quits school at 15 can just go to a building site and earn far more than someone who goes to University and obtains post-graduate qualifications?  That's not right.  This is a society that does not reward that which they claim to promote.  Education is not what it used to be, that's for sure.  And these cashed up bogans who are working jobs that used to be underpaid are now the ones living it up.  Miners, tradies, the list goes on and on.  Scum.  All of them, just scum.

Damn, this review is just taking ages.  I have other personal things to do!  Time is running out.  Gotta get a move on. 

What I don't understand is the current propensity in jobs to favour project management expertise.  What kind of bullshit is that?  Why do people need credentials in project management?  That's essentially just DOING YOUR JOB.  That is beyond silly.

Does it all seem to get away from you at some point?  You realise it can't be done.  Pretty much none of it can be, and do you just give up at that point?  You don't think you'll get old.  You think you don't age, but you do.  You get older.  The aches and pains start.  Then one by one, they start dying.  All the people you know.  You may even be the first one.  Then one day, you're all just wiped away by history.  The consequence of your existence is zip.  Bupkiss.  Nada.  What are you doing with your life?  Hell, you don't even need to do anything.  Time will take care of you.  Time will dispose of us.

Joaquin out.
blog comments powered by Disqus