Wednesday, April 02, 2014

Distributive Or Retributive?

They are entirely distinct things.  I guess I should be paying more attention to what I'm doing.  But it's never what I expect anyway.  And why should it be?  I'm slowly picking up readership here with some solid posts, but I don't know how long I can keep up that kind of momentum.  I'm pretty sure I've covered all the intellectual discourse I possibly can over 10 years.  Now it's all just the mundane - there aren't even talking points! 

Guitar is slowly getting done.  Overall I'm happy with my progress.  I'm trying my best to get back to where I once was in terms of playing skill.  More ideas are flowing through, but execution is definitely lacking.  I just need to play without regard to accomplishing anything.  Things will improve on their own.  I've got a fair few things to get through today, so it'll probably be a quick post.

But to help pass the time, I've done you all a favour and updated the Joaquin Rate List (JRL)!  Yesss!  These ladies just keep coming, and all I can do is keep posting about them.  So check out the latest additions (HERE).  Haha, let's call this one the blonde update!

And wow, in the space of less than an hour, the amount of work I have to do has just exploded.  It doesn't bode well for the other stuff I want to get done, because that requires considerable time and effort.  I think everyone needs a place like blogger.  On facebook and twitter and tumblr you're likely to run into people you know, but you want a space where you can just be you without having to worry about the consequences of upsetting someone.  That's what makes this platform so grand.

Let's take a look at how life has changed.  200 odd years ago, people were getting married in their teens and early 20s.  Now that sort of thing isn't happening until people are in their mid 30's or older.  Why is that?  I think it's education related.  People are now expected to be in school for so long before joining the workforce (because you can't join a job without a degree pretty much these days).  So people are forced to stay in school longer, study longer, and then they get started on life much later.  There's so much demand to succeed and competition against other people that it's almost unfathomable how so many of us remain alive in this sort of social climate.  Yet here we are.

Wow, I've barely done any of my actual work today, and time is running out!  Let's call it a day for blogging!

Joaquin out.
blog comments powered by Disqus