Monday, November 25, 2013

Soft Synth Shuffle

Hahaha, I don't know why, but that title made me smile.  Who woulda guessed?!  I was actually looking forward to this working week last night, but now that it's here, it's all fallen by the wayside.  It's a bit cold, I'm incredibly tired, and I'm just mentally not here again.  So I get in and realise I have to pay my tax liability this year, which was freakin' astronomical!  Baaah!  Hahaha and it was supposed to be a good week!  But that's out of the way, and hopefully from this year onwards my liability won't be so high because I've paid off my school loans.

I've read that Christine McVie is interested in coming back to Fleetwood Mac!  That would be absolutely awesome!  If she comes back, I'll definitely go see them live, because they can't sing little lies without her.  That's her song pretty much.  And it's my fave, and as I'm sure I've told you, everyone has a favourite Fleetwood Mac song. 

I have an idea for tumblr, and I won't place it on there, because I don't think it needs to be.  Yes, it's avoiding the cliche.  Why can't tags be cross-referenced when you search?  If I want to search for more than 2 tags for the one post, it can't be done.  I have to do it one tag at a time, and most of the time you're going to end up with mostly irrelevant things.  So why not be able to search more than 1 tag and narrow things down to what you need?  That would make more sense to me.  Or at least allow boolean queries for tumblr's search.  Then again, I don't really use that many tag searches.

There's something really odd going on with the whole thing.  A dialogue I'm not aware of.  Perhaps it was all a little bit of too much too soon.  The endorphins from this morning's gym session have hit me and I'm ready to just drift off to sleep.  Doesn't help that I'm nursing an SRI (sex-related injury) at the moment in the form of my shoulder.  Just feels like it's separated from my entire back, but it's not quite dislocated.

What is it with banks trying to help me get more money?  Here's how my setup is at the moment, a transaction account which I run at a low balance to stop me from buying stupid things, or things I don't need.  I also have an online savings account which all my savings goes into.  It used to have an absolutely epic interest rate when I opened the account, because my brother called me an idiot for only having one account (transaction accounts pay shit all interest).  Gradually, they have reduced the interest rate on that online account to barely anything, and then today I was talked into getting another online account with really heavy transaction limits.  So now I have like 5 accounts under my name.  Great, so much for things becoming less complex in my life!!  Yeah yeah, I know, I have money, but it's really not all that much. 

Screw this technical revolution, give me a pen and paper any day of the week.  You can branch off and do whatever.  You don't have to stick to text, you can change to pictures, and do mind maps and diagrams and what not.  No computer or system can do that rapidly.

Don't do what Dony Don't Does!  Hahaha, I'm having one of those moments right now.  Did I mention that I was given a job offer back in Sydney?  It's slightly more pay than what I get now, but the title seems like a step backwards.  What's more is that it's only for one year on contract while covering someone else.  It doesn't sound like what I could go for right now.  I guess I'm really concerned about having a GOB Arrested Development style "I've made a huge mistake" sort of moment.  But I picture it in my mind and all I want to do is destroy it.  Maybe things are a little warped in my mind.  I will not be Gatsby'd out thank you very much!

It's not so great when you get deja vu and realise it's in relation to wasting your life.  I'm not proofing well enough, and I keep making silly mistakes and typos.  I guess I'm just over it.  I need a break, or I need something new.  One or the other.  Or both.  Ahh decisions, decisions.  And I still have 90 minutes until I'm out of here. 

With all that we know about the world, I feel that we're now more inclined to be cynical and disbelieve things.  The magic of the world has faded, and it's affecting all of us in negative ways, don't you think?

Anyhow, I'm done for today. 

Joaquin out.
blog comments powered by Disqus