Friday, November 08, 2013

Craving Isolation

No, I don't think that's true.  I don't even know what I want.  My life has degenerated from one of promise to one of errands and the mundane.  Themes of mediocrity run abounds.  What am I going to blog about today?  I'm not sure.  No ideas, really.  I'm just flush out of everything.  Motivation, humour, the will to live.  Well that sucks, how are you supposed to carry on?  I don't know, since I'm pretty sure I'm living a really weird existence where I am just going about my business but not really here.  I'm not really thinking, I'm not really engaging with things.  I'm lost in a haze over here.  Just a zombie with even less purpose.

I'm sick, I just haven't been well lately.  I guess it's just my body failing.  At least I'm not going crazy!  I should be able to put two and two together.  But with the lack of rest I'm getting and just my general attitude, I'm not even sure that's possible.  Is there something else behind it all?  Is this all my anxieties and neuroses at play here?  Everything can turn on the weather.  Blame it on the weatherman.  What I do actually crave is just some sleep and some quiet.  Just nothing.  Is this devolving into my 2008-2009 state of mind?  Hmm I'm not sure, I'm having a difficult time recalling that period of my life.  But who knew what was around the corner?  Wow, just going through Randall Munroe's blog posts on xkcd and I've realised that Anarchy Inside My Mind has been going for longer than that site!  That's pretty impressive.  We've just been going from strength to strength over here.

What struck me as interesting this week was that I came up with two new song ideas.  Out of absolutely nowhere.  Wow.  I didn't think I had it in me anymore, but I do.  And they are good, damn good.  It's been a while.  I'd love to work on lyrics a bit more, but I think a key thing missing from my skillset is melody writing.  Just getting the lyrics and the music to gel, that's what I need to do and I'll be set.  I get to cut my nails this weekend and I'll be playing even better, yeah! 

Not looking forward to quick turnaround times.  Please God, just let me get what I want.  But things are never quite that simple.  Looks like a storm is coming. 

I'm done.

Joaquin out.
blog comments powered by Disqus