Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Singing Low Then Singing High

Must be so taxing on the voice and throat, but not like I'd know, because I can't sing.  Or at least I don't think so.  I've never really tried.  I think it would take some confidence to at least start well, and that's not something I have.

I still haven't made my mind up about this job.  It's not a sure thing.  It might put me in a worse situation, so I'm not sure if it's something I want to do.  Or it could be me on to the path of something else even better.  Isn't that the gamble of life?  It all is.  But then again, I guess the end result is the same for everyone - that is if you believe death is really the end of everything.  So what's the point?  We might as well just be ordinary and try to just enjoy things while we can.

I was reading a really interesting story about children who believe they've been reincarnated because they can recall in vivid detail elements of their past lives.  They know stuff they can't possibly know.  They're well informed about things in the past, and it's just really a disturbing and interesting concept.  Very few religions focus on reincarnation, and most write it off as a fallacy.  Spirituality as a broad concept agrees with it, but scientifically speaking, it could have some basis.  I mean, we're all made up of the same matter and particles.  If some of those items are later re-combined and can remember that they were together before, then why couldn't past lives be real?  It is food for thought.  Then that leads to harder questions such as the possibility of karma being real.  No energy is ever wasted, there is a finite amount of information in the universe, so things have to get recycled.  There is a system in place, but we don't really understand it, because the interplay between what we can see and that we can't see is incredibly complex.  There's dark energy and dark matter, and the recent proof of the Higgs-Boson particle.  I want to jump ahead 100 years and see what we do with the information.

Another factor in these children being able to remember things is that they are so young that they haven't really had a chance for the present to overwrite their memories and channel them as new individuals.  That's an interesting way to think about how time works.

I guess we're all still learning and we keep doing so until we die.  But at some point, it has to be over for humanity.  And then what?  What does this become?  What do we become?  Isn't that also a horrific idea that there are no real consequences for your actions?  We're just a random assembly of matter and particles.  Gosh, is it just me or does this thing just keep going in circles? 

Ahh Le Sigh, still 2 hours to go until I'm out of here, and I have nothing to do to fill up my time.  But I know there is!  There's stuff I gotta do!  And I should be learning notes on the guitar. 

Damn, too many missed opportunities.  Decisions, decisions.  Just fucking me over.

I think I'm done with today.  I really don't know what I want to do with my life.  Actually, maybe I do.  But getting it is entirely something else.

Joaquin out.
blog comments powered by Disqus