Monday, November 11, 2013

Light & Heat

Well if light is energy, heat will always be the by-product.  What I would be interested in is light that makes things cold.  That's some physics altering stuff right there.  It has been a very weird weekend to say the least.  Just rushing about from place to place.  It would have been nice if I could do that without a care in the world, but I always had to be somewhere, so that took all the fun out of everything.

Despite it being close to summer, it has become incredibly cold, windy and rainy.  I've already made comments on climate change before, and people who deny it should be killed because they are putting the majority of the population at risk with their insane thoughts.  It's not healthy for a society to have that kind of thinking being espoused by a ruling political party.  Denial of basic facts is not good.  It feels like winter!!  On top of that, the waterproofing from these shoes are totally gone, and I've got wet socks and feet.  That sucks!  Hope I don't get sick.

Does anyone else find that when the weather is bad, the internet tends to run slowly?  I wonder why that is?  Whether at work or at home, things are slow, and pages don't load properly, and I use different platforms and different browsers so it's not a computer specific issue.  Ahh how sad is my life?  Hours in front of a monitor at work, then go home and spend a few more hours staring at a screen.  It's not healthy, it's gotta stop.

I've been reading up on brain training activities.  Todd Sampson recently did a doco on training his brain to learn new tasks.  It is a well known fact that the brain is a lazy organ, and if parts of it don't get used, they start to fail basic benchmarks.  Apparently you can wire the brain to perform optimally up to the age of 30, and then it gradually starts to fail.  I think I've been on a bit of a creative lull lately, so I decided to follow some of the tips mentioned in the show.  One is to brush your teeth with your non dominant hand.  It's a bitch!  Just learning how to use your hand in a new way, and trying to get better accuracy.  It also stops you from auto-piloting when you get up in the morning and you're tired.  I'm gradually getting better at it.  Might learn a new musical instrument if I can.  The other tip was to go to work or come home using a different route each day.  It forces you to be alert and stop auto-piloting again.  I'm enjoying it.  I think it's also starting to pay off, within the space of a week or so, I've come up with 3 new ideas on guitar.  All totally different!  I should find other ways for it to pay off in dividends, yeah!  Although I'm not sure if I'm thinking more clearly.  I forgot my belt this morning, for the first time ever!!  Luckily my pants are still staying up.  I don't even know how I could have done that.  But oh well.  Hopefully I'm just not becoming generally forgetful, that wouldn't be good at all.  Ah and just realised I am getting forgetful!  I could have sworn I paid my phone bill but I just got a text saying it was overdue.  I checked my bank details and see it hasn't been paid.  But I deliberately marked the bill e-mail as read.  I wonder how that could have even happened?

Is there anything for it?  You know, I really enjoyed and miss Red Dwarf.  I really liked Lister's premise.  He was the last human being left alive in the universe, with nothing to look forward to.  There was no hope.  Just adventures from day to day, and that was fine.  I would love the chance for that sort of life.  Just drifting aimlessly, with whatever you want to do.  As opposed to my life now which is just drifting but having to bend to other people's will.

Is there a fault in my strategy?  Am I not thinking things through?  What about me?  Hmmmm.  The days just tick away.  If I had my wits about me, I could get all the pieces of the puzzle, except for the important bits.  And what's so helpful about that?  Nothing, really.  Looks like it's only 90 minutes until I'm out of here and I just can't wait, even if there's nothing to look forward to at home.  But at least I can sleep and nobody can say anything!  There has to be resolution at some point.  Wait as long as it takes.  I'd like to just make things happen.  That would be the life.  This isn't anxiety.  Not even close.  And that's the scary thing.

I'm too tired to function today.  Blarrgh! 

Joaquin out.
blog comments powered by Disqus