Thursday, November 28, 2013

Is Nothing Better Than Something?

So tell me, is it?  The status quo prevails and I am still here.  I don't feel a thing.  Is there noone to back me up?  Nobody to count on?  There's nobody in my corner to throw in the towel.

I'm feeling so old lately.  I'm pulling 30 shortly.  Where did my life go?  Jesus.  I used to be young.  I used to be in university when I started blogging here with the other.  And now look at me.  It all just goes away.  Time just keeps going and we are all dying, day by day.  More of us lost.  It's a war of attrition and we just keep breeding in the hopes of sending more numbers to the front to create hope but this is a fight we cannot win.  What do you do?  One day you're 'it' and you're young and enjoying life, and the next second you turn around and you're old and just over things.  Ahh time, you are the variable we just don't need.  I would love existence in a static universe. 

Going back to a point from yesterday, I really don't like how Apple is now annualising its products.  There's always a new iPad or iPhone the next year, after they've touted what they've just released as a world beater.  That's the problem.  Apple have lost their way.  They have no visionary at the helm, and everything seems so uninspired.  They're just copying themselves.  They're out of ideas!!  Basically each new product is the same as the old one but with something silly attached that isn't really vital to the product or to the consumer.  And therein lies the problem of big business.  To make the products and get out in the world, you need to float the company and sell shares to the public.  But investors want the best return for their dollar, so they'll force companies to keep releasing products, even if they're not the best thing the company can release.  It's all about investor relations and that's incredibly sad.  It's what holds back true innovation and forward thinking, but that's today's capitalism for you.  Capitalism should inspire investment and industry, but it has brought out all our greed and worst qualities.  It really is the bane of the world. 

I've been enjoying a lot of Dilbert lately, as well as garfield minus garfield.  It's a brilliant thing.  I really need to finish my novels though, because I want to read paradise lost by Milton.  It looks epic.  I really should be taking the time to read more.  It's a great activity for everyone, and for those who are illiterate, I feel for, I really do.  For the information of the other, it's currently 11:11.  Spooky!

I swear last night and this morning that I had some great ideas to blog about, but right now my mind is drawing a blank. 

Man I'm even lacking the motivation to live, let alone get up in the morning and do anything worthwhile.  Why am I even bothering?  Why even look?

What I'm understanding now is that my generation are the ones that have been in the workforce for some time now.  What I discovered was that teachers are now putting up examples of mistakes (albeit humorous) from their students and putting them up on social media to show their friends.  Often you can identify the students (and thereby the school and the teacher), and it is highly unprofessional.  Imagine what that child must be going through, and just try and empathise with the humiliation and degradation involved.  That's the problem with people my age, they put everything up on social media, even when they shouldn't.  If your child is taught by someone in Generation Y, follow their social media accounts very closely, trust me.

I'm done for today.

Joaquin out.
blog comments powered by Disqus