Monday, October 14, 2013

Weekend Slumps Into Quiet Times

What was I on this weekend?  I had such grand plans, and essentially everything amounted to nought.  Things are not going well.  Anywhere.  What does this week even bring?  I don't know, but I have to finish what's in front of me.  Perhaps playing the long game will make things easier for me?  But it's not a sure thing.  You can't let two pieces of the whole come together.  I don't even remember what I did this weekend.  But it's all a moot point anyway.  Got some good guitaring in, but not as much as I would have hoped. That's ok, there's still the whole week to go.  And so it is, just going from week to week, living life with no change.  No excitement, just routine and nothing else.  I discovered something disconcerting though.  I actually sleep less on weekends than I do on weekdays.  That can't be good for anyone.  What about my sleep debt?  It can't be repaid!  It's like the US debt situation!

That's another issue.  All these western countries are operating on insane levels of debt.  It's essentially reached a tipping point where no amount of money or recovery can turn it down.  I want to see what happens when countries default, or when creditors call on full payment of what's owed.  It's going to happen at some point, you know it.

I can't do what I want anymore.  How my life has changed, in such a short space of time.  I can't just be out and about anymore.  That's what I need.  But I always have somewhere to be.  Something to do.  I'm really not feeling it today.  This isn't it.  It can't be.  I've gotta keep my head up.  And I have to be prepared for anything around the corner. 

What's worse is when what you think and the evidence, or the facts or the reality of what's in front of you are entirely at loggerheads.  Then again, what I know isn't much.  It's all about the scientific method these days!  Better get on with today's tasks. 

What I'd like to know is how things from my past can be coming back to interfere with my future?  That doesn't even make sense.  These sorts of things shouldn't even be happening.

Goddamn, I'm slowly making progress, but I've realised that I only have an hour to go until home time!  Where did that day go?  At least I don't have to be in tomorrow.  It's been busy, that's for sure, but still a hell of a lot to go in front of me.

There's a weird movement going on in tumblr these days.  I've noticed a backlash against nerdy comic book type guys.  Apparently they are the new misogynist sexists on the block.  This is due to their exclusionary policies where women are derided for liking the same things they do.  Well let me work something out here.  These are the same people who were disparaged when they were younger for liking alternative things.  Women destroyed their self confidence, and to compensate they withdrew into their own worlds where they could find solace and kinship with others.  And now they are being abused in the domain where they feel comfortable.  Things are not going to end well, I assure you.  Women turned them into what they are, and now they want to lay the blame on others?  That makes no sense!  Also, there's apparently this new phenomenon of white knighting, which is the act of beta males engaging in seemingly heroic acts or siding with an apparently attractive female in order to win sexual favour.  Apparently this set off a bunch of guys on an opinion site that I read (the riot act), and Joel Barcham got incredibly offended by being accused of engaging in that conduct.  However disregarding his thoughts on the issue (he was just doing his job, nothing more), let's talk about the sociological matter here.  How else do betas get noticed?  They can't compete with alphas, since in the female mind, alphas can do no wrong, regardless of what they do.  So of course betas will use whatever tactics they can to get noticed.  That shouldn't even be questioned.  I don't believe in altruism for its own sake.  There's always something behind it.  That I can guarantee.

"Thoughts are free, but actions come with a cost" - Oh I really like that one!

More to come tomorrow?  Perhaps, but if not, you know I'll be back on Wednesday.

Joaquin out.
blog comments powered by Disqus