Thursday, October 03, 2013

Exactly What I'm Saying

If what I'm saying is true.  Is China playing the long game from a global strategic perspective?  That would be great.  Never acting in a reactionary way.  Always 10 steps ahead.  Catching everyone by surprise.  I don't think I have any intellectual discussion for today, so I'm sorry.  But we've had a great run this week, haven't we?  Hopefully more of that to come later on, but for now I'm just absolutely gone.

Everyone has been harping on about Breaking Bad, and I'm actually keen to watch it.  But I'm so behind on pretty much every show that's come out in the past 5 years, that I don't think I'll ever be able to catch up on anything.  My external hard drive is just filling up at a fast rate, but the more I look at my download list, the more I realise it's shrinking.  Have I finally overcome that patch where stuff I want to see/listen to has outnumbered the future stuff?  Hopefully!  That means I can actually watch without fear of being overburdened with too much stuff to watch.

I'm not with the program at all.  I napped as soon as I got home, which was a huge mistake and of course I didn't sleep when I needed to last night, and needless to say I'm totally out of it this morning.  Still got a whole day to get through, and bloody hell, it's not even Friday!!!  Ahhhhhh!  I need sleep, but we are off again and I won't be having such a great time. 

At least I have pointless busy work to get through.  Please let it wile away the hours until I can get out of here. 

And what is this?  Random occurences?  It could be anywhere.  And would it turn out the same way?  No, I won't allow it.  I just won't allow it.  The usual times.  Is there fear involved.  Does your memory still serve you?  There is no game plan.  Sometimes you just have to wing it.  But not when you have no data. 

Isn't it strange that....ok crap lost my train of thought there.  There's just such a huge level of paranoia and distrust at the moment.  Do things even make sense?  I keep asking myself the same questions, but these are questions without answers, and they may never be resolved.  And I've got nothing.  It's always the same.  A question of time.  Even a question of conditioning.  And it may even be here.  Just under my nose, yet I'm blind.  Is there a sign to be read?

Ahhh I remember what my train of thought was (not bad for 4 hours later), but isn't it strange that when we go back to the 60's 70's and 80's, they painted such a rosy picture of technology and what it would allow us to do in the future.  Well the future is here, and it hasn't really made our lives all that much easier.  In fact, it's complicated it and helped governments undermine its citizens.  But we really can't do anything that useful with it, can we?

I just really don't feel like doing anything today.  Just way too tired.  At least it's just under 2 hours until I'm out of here.  I just need to sleep.  But even after tomorrow, still have to drive after work and it's going to suck. 

Done with today.

Joaquin out.
blog comments powered by Disqus