Monday, October 21, 2013

Recharge And Refresh

Pressing the refresh button on your browser should also have the same effect on your life.  Things are just a bit stale.  Everything progresses, but it's never quite where you expect to be, or want to be.  Things are moving too slowly, yet I'm ageing everyday.  Where are we in all of this?  Thinking about God and last night the panic hits me out of nowhere.  What if this is just life and nothing more?  It's all irrelevant.  Nothing matters.  Life and existence is all just a fluke and there's nothing anyone can do to make it matter.  There's no cycle.  Things work, and we are here until it stops working and we are gone.  We shouldn't be getting too attached to anything.  But what about the other stuff?  The irrefutable things like the atoms from the beginning of the universe being within all of us?  Does that mean anything in the long term?  Or does that just stuff float about freely into something else.  It will never be like this, it will never be the same again.  Wow, that's all a downer, I'm very sorry.

I've actually got some work to get on to today, but I should be able to fit in some good blogging here and there.  That in between looking for other opportunities out there.  Why am I so concerned about having a gameplan now?  There's this annoying person in the gym who always gets on the treadmill within 60 seconds of me getting on it.  So I've figured I'm going to shorten my second workout (cardio days are cross trainer, bike and run) and get on the treadmill before them and just sit on it for as long as possible.  Nasty, but thems the breaks.  Not going to waste my time for other people's stupidity.  Not going to the gym on Friday has messed me up, because I went on Saturday and did cardio and weights on the same day and that has messed me up.  I'm incredibly sore.  Now I know why I split them up!  Hopefully there's a bit of recovery, which is a bit difficult when I don't sleep much on weekdays.  Not much great news when I sleep even less on weekends.  But I did enjoy one epic session of Chivalry Medieval Warfare with T-Boy and a few people on Steam.

And yes, I'm done!  All my work for the day is out of the way, so I'm free to blog.  But what have I got on my mind?  I don't know, I'm just too sore to even think straight.  Might even have to dip into the painkillers.  If only I had access to something more exciting than panadol (panadeine).  Had a weird guitar session last night.  Maybe I was too tired or just out of it, but for some reason I couldn't play one of my showpiece instrumentals.  Admittedly, it's a song that pushes the boundaries of what I can comfortably do.  But I used to be able to play it flawlessly at will, and now there are just certain parts that I cannot play.  I wonder what happened?  I think I just need to keep practising my key guitar skills, and not just focusing on songs relating to chords and what not.  Ahh I just need to lock myself in a room for a year with just a guitar and just get my skills down and focus on music theory.  That would be the life.

Does anyone else get weird issues with their iPhone?  In the way it goes back to certain songs on shuffle?  Well what I've noticed lately is that when I take my headphones out of my phone (without pressing pause on the home screen) and resume listening to music later on (with shuffle), my phone will start playing whatever song I was first listening to before I took my headphones out.  So shuffle does not start from an apparently random place, and what's more, if I press next, the songs that are all queued will be the ones I have previously heard, in the same order (no, there's no playlist involved).  Something is wrong with the algorithm used to generate random playlists, cause it's not so random!  I guess it may have something to do with how many plays have notched up to particular songs (you'll see this in iTunes).  Certainly different to the old days of Nullsoft's Winamp on the computer (one of the best mp3 players ever)!  I'm still using an old version on my computer, like version 3.xx and I'm loving it.  Easy on the RAM, unlike Windows Media Player or iTunes, and its playlists, shuffle algorithms and equalisation abilities make it the best.  I wonder whatever happened to Justin Frankel?

I'm looking forward to tomorrow.  Might have a bit more time to myself to just enjoy things. I need more time to just read books.  And I need to wasting my time on frivolous shit.

But I'll keep things here for now.

Joaquin out.
blog comments powered by Disqus