Tuesday, October 08, 2013

Alone - Ne Honja!

Don't tell me that.  I've said it before, and I'm sure I'll say it a million times again, but fuck daylight savings.  So artificial and it screws with everyone's heads.  Why not just put our clocks forward 2 hours and enjoy even more sunshine so our farmers can be happy?  We are silly humans.

I've been really enjoying Kerbal Space Program on steam.  I've only got the demo version, but I've been having a blast creating all sorts of rockets and trying to test my piloting skills despite some really shoddy designs!  Haha!  It's quite educational though.  I'd highly recommend it if you're into space or anything like that.

Hey, it's just money right?  On that note, anyone have any cash to spare?  Hahaha!  Ahhh!  Right out the window!  I could see it if I was there now.  Wow.  And to think, circumstances had to be what they were in order for things to happen (well duh)! 

Wow, what a thought that Timmeh is the only one who could help me right now.  I could certainly do with his steady hands.  But thinking about that, there's just so many unknowns.  I'm only making assumptions here.  Nothing is certain.  And I'm forced into the long game.  Have I become China?  I could do with more time NOW.  But again, it's what I don't have.  Maybe I can't count.  Or it's a lot further than I had anticipated.  Nothing is impossible though.  Just have to think outside the square.  But a second time around couldn't hurt, could it?

You know, I'm not a fan of silly 'faux responsible' journalism.  The purpose of journalism is to retell the facts and to inspire discussion and debate.  When you get instances of newspapers and what not who deliberately withhold facts with the claims that it's responsible.  I don't believe that.  If you can't restate what happened exactly, I think the onus is quite high that you made something up.  And that's definitely not right.

So after The Silk Road has gone down, with the alleged ringleader behind bars, the FBI and the NSA are looking to understand how the onion ring (or TOR) browser works.  They can apparently target individual users to get around the anonymous way of how the browser works, but apparently cannot mass identify users.  What a scary thought.  Now these people are actively trying to destroy privacy principles and allow people to operate anonymously.  Barring the silk road, I'd bet the majority of traffic on there is probably not illegal.  I've used TOR a few times to check out what it's like.  But it's painfully slow, so unless you need to do something dark web related, I'm sticking with regular browsing thank you very much.  I'm also a bit more perplexed about this in relation to bitcoin.  For those not in the know, bitcoin is virtual currency that can be traded like real money.  You put in real money to transfer it into bitcoin and use it like currency.  It's attached to its own marker and moves with other markets.  The only difference is that it's not regulated like other currencies.  I think that's the primary motivator for the Feds here.  Since they can't regulate it, they are scared of it and are seeking to actively control it.  And therein lies another problem. 

This is turning into a great blog post!  Don't know how I was able to come back so strongly after such a strange weekend.  I could do with some time off. 

I do have some work to get on to today, but I'm putting it off cause I just can't be bothered.  Not entirely with the program.  And that's not good for me, especially in terms of future planning. 

I'm slowly plodding through work.  But the issue is a lack of distractions.  Distractions are good for me.  But there are none!  I really should start reading again.  I've got books, and I've got plans for a lot more, but I haven't really read anything since I've been back. 

Where is the future?  Show it to me!  Then again, what's the point when it's all just superfluous anyway? 

Let's see what tomorrow brings.

Joaquin out.
blog comments powered by Disqus