Wednesday, October 09, 2013

Standing On Last Legs

Looking at my task list and realising that I have no work to do today.  Nice!  More time for blogging!  Don't mind if I do, hahaha! 

The gym is killing me.  I'm getting too old and fragile for this stuff.  Is it bad that I just want to sit all day and not care about anything?  Good, I hope not!  Feel like seeing a movie, but there isn't really anything I'm keen to see.  So I'll just faff about until the day is over, but until then, let's continue on with our stream of consciousness greatness.

The other is heading overseas towards the end of the year to spend some long overdue time with his folks.  I'm going to try to convince the other to get back into his music making hardcore!  It's been too long, but I recall at the start of this blog that he was vigorously writing new music pretty much everyday while he was overseas.  He had no choice.  He had slow internet and a guitar.  What else could he do?  But it has laid the groundwork for some really awesome tracks.  I've also been getting into the swing of things with my own guitar playing.  Slowly building up some of the skills, but more importantly, fixing up some of the ideas that the other and I have worked on in our dropbox folder.  It would be good to catch up again and record some stuff.  Let's make some time!

People are always concerned about military veterans not getting enough care when they return from combat, or if there is adequate support for their families if they happen to die while serving.  I think that speaks about community thoughts on warfare and people who fight.  Let's get this straight, if you're a soldier, you're not paid to protect, you're paid to kill.  You're paid to die.  We send you out to countries to fight until they surrender.  If they happen to somehow survive and come back, then it's a shock.  Basically, stay educated enough to stay away from armed combat!  There's no glory or honour in serving stupid government decisions.  If our military forces dwindle, perhaps people would stop getting into stupid wars and would prefer to settle things from a diplomatic perspective, when they have no other choice!  We usually put killers in prison, but others get medals when it's state sanctioned.  It's like the Government turns their backs for a minute.  Such sickness.

And it's just there, staring me right in the face every time.  But yet, still with so many unknowns.  Why am I doing this to myself?  The long game means nothing without the reveal.  It would be alright if I knew what the eventual outcome would be, but I don't.  Am I always going to be waiting?  It can't even go the other way.  Not the way things have panned out.  More time and thought.  It's not as difficult as I'm making it out to be, surely?  Are people ever thinking, I mean really?  I'm on the wrong side of the river.  One thing's for sure, never assume.

Once again, we just completely change our lives on a whim.  Too late.  I suppose I had brush up and look presentable.  This is like the fourth time.  But what can be expected? It's me right?  The Shinji paradox.  I don't even know if I can do this anymore.  Each day is just killing me.  Goddamn, this shit is taking ages!! 

It's always a calm October, before things blow over.  Wow, I still can't believe that next year (well 11 months to be exact), that we will have been running this blog for 10 years!  That must be a record for a personal blog with no apparent theme.  But I'm looking forward to the 10 year blog intro/retrospective.  I may not write about it, barring saying that it's complete.  It'll take ages, and I might not even blog much over that time.

All these years of my life just ticking by like that.  Then it's all gonna be over.  It's like being back at school all over again.  That was brutal.  Arghhh!  I just want to go home and go to sleep!

Can I just put on record that Taleo is a shitty recruitment system!!  If you can't open multiple tabs or use your browser back buttons to navigate, then it's a shitty design.  Whoever coded that deserves to be taken out back and shot!  Thank you very much.

Hmmm might have to do with a nail clipping at some point.  Guitaring is just getting a bit harder. 

That's a lot of opportunities!  20?  Hmmm, who knows.  Where did that afternoon go!

Argh, I feel sick.  What does it all mean?  What is the plan?

I'm done.

Take care folks.

Joaquin out.
blog comments powered by Disqus