Thursday, October 24, 2013

Nobody Likes You

And don't I just know it?  I was reading on tumblr the other day a particular post about how they wish there was a book where you could read everyone's first impression of you.  I would rather not, cause I know it's not good.  I wonder why that is?  People just don't like me.  I guess I make them uncomfortable.  And all my work is done, so I'm gonna be good with blogg for the rest of the day, yeahhh!

As I've mentioned before, the other is going overseas at the end of the year to spend some time with his folks that he hasn't seen in years.  He mentioned that they're getting older and he should spend time with them when he can cause they're going to be gone.  It's true, in most circumstances, it is up to the child to bury the parent.  It's sad when it's the other way around.  I guess it's something most of us have to deal with in our lives.  You think your parents are immortal, obviously not perfect, but that they'll always be there.  Then the reality sets in that it's not true.  Life and time catches up to everyone, and they will die someday.  My folks are really sick at the moment, not bordering on death (touch wood), but the sickest I've ever seen them.  And I've realised that their time is gonna be up.  As my birthdays pass, so too do theirs.  Do you ever stop and think about them?  I really dislike this Western notion that in our busy lives we tend to disregard the elderly, and our own parents and shuffle them off into nursing homes and retirement villages and hope someone else can look after them.  How disgusting.  If you lived a semi normal childhood, they looked after you, they sacrificed for you.  They raised you and they cared for you when you were sick, when they were tired and wanted to give up.  They couldn't just shuttle you off somewhere and hope someone else would look after you.  They have so many stories, hopes, and wishes and dreams.  Go talk to your parents and find out more.  Cause once they're gone, you'll never ever get that chance again.

Science is an interesting beast.  There seems to be so much in the field that we're afraid of and one of those things is eugenics.  For the uninitiated, eugenics is genetic experimenting to get the best set of physical (and other) traits to the forefront.  Nothing wrong with that, but it has really horrific undercurrents of racism in the mix.  We start to get into this whole concept of some races being superior at things than others and what not.  I think that's a subjective argument.  I think we should focus on the specific traits of each race and find a way to combine them.  Ignoring some for the sake of others doesn't make sense.

This is all a change of roles.  We're different people.  Stop doing those things!  I need to stop wasting my time!  I'll make some time to read.

Here's to the end of the day in 90 minutes.  At least it was semi short?  I've been really getting into Louis ck.  Sure he's hilarious!  But on top of that, he is so full of insight about living better.  Just being nicer.  Not sweating the small stuff.  Being a better parent.  Enjoying what's around you.  I think that's often overlooked in his comedy.

Saw Lizzy out at lunch today.  She used to be so slender and beautiful in college.  But now she's put on a shit ton of weight.  In fact a lot of the attractive girls from high school and college have gotten fat.  I wonder why that is?  Maybe cause they were shitty people.  But on that note, to all the young guys reading this, don't get involved with them.  They're not worth it.  They turn into absolutely redundant people in society.  If they died now or just disappeared, it would have absolutely NO impact on the world.  The world would not be a poorer place because they were gone.  So why waste your time on that bullshit?  Go after the girls who seem interesting, who have hobbies.  Cause when the real world drops, they're the ones who are going places, who are doing things.  That's much more attractive and sustainable.

I think the issue with the rise in conservatism has to be due to the gradual extinguishment of white privilege.  People are worried they will have to give up their chances, wealth and opportunities to others (which isn't the case, they just need to share it).  And that's something that doesn't sit well with them.  Did you know Lincoln was a republican?  And he was the one who ended slavery!  Yet these days Republicans seem to hate black people, and black people vote primarily for democrat candidates.  I think white people are just afraid of being gone.  Well those kinda traits are recessive.  When asians or darker skinned people become the majority, their traits will take over.  We'll all start looking a bit more alike, maybe even a few languages will get extinguished.  But the end result could be that we all start to get along.  Things are just artifically divided.  People just don't want to give it up, and I guess it's understandable.  But maybe when you've had power taken away from you and your identity erased, perhaps we can forget about the terrible things that have occurred as a result.

I think I'm done.

Joaquin out.
blog comments powered by Disqus