Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Douchebag Tuesdays

It really is that time of the week.  After giving the gym a skip yesterday because I was just so out of it, I made a triumphant return today.  I head down and the place is absolutely packed.  I don't want to be one of those assholes who has to inform everyone about the nitty gritty of their workouts (I told you guys that Monday, Wednesdays and Fridays are cardio and alternate days are weights, with Sunday as a rest day), so I'll keep it brief.  In fact the only goal you know I have is to run 3km in under 10 minutes.  I'm still working myself up to that.  But I tend to find that you get a lot of new starters to the gym on a Tuesday as opposed to a Monday.  Why?  Well Mondays are right after the weekend, so people will sleep in.  Then expect to start afresh on the Tuesday before giving up.  It was packed everywhere, and one particularly hilarious bit was when some gigantic muscular guy was using one weights machine and I realised he was lifting less than I was.  Ahhh, haha!  I am awesome.  Reminds me of that time I totally outran and outclassed another muscular guy on the treadmill to the point where he almost collapsed and fell off the machine, despite running slower than me!  Hahaha!  I used to be such a slow runner with no stamina.  I wish I could go back and run all the races of my childhood.  I wonder how fast I could actually run then. 

I read today that the conservative government in Australia (the 'liberals') are planning to privatise the HECS-HELP system.  That is a horrible idea.  Not forgetting the fact that I think Chris Pyne (the education Minister) is the epitome of conservative high pitched squealing and whinging, despite being an privileged white man, but this is just insane.  For our American friends, the HECS system is essentially the concept that you go into debt to undertake university level education.  I've told you all before that particular level of education used to be free, and it is those people who benefitted from that system who are the ones who own all the houses and drive all the nice cars.  Is that a coincidence?  I think not.  Well anyway, if this goes ahead, of course private enterprise is going to profit so much from other people's misery.  They will charge exorbitant interest rates and young people will not be able to cope.  It will basically become the American system all over again and you'll get people heavily in debt out of uni, with no chances to gain jobs to pay it off.  Of course I wouldn't expect Government to sympathise.  I had it relatively easy!  I'm about to finish paying off my debt, and I was able to live at home and not work while I was in uni.  What about those who live on campus and have to work part time to fund their studies?  What about those who have families?!  We are just utterly screwed.

You know that most Western nations (Britain, US, Australia) operate under heavy debt financing from beneficiaries such as China?  Hence the term debt ceiling and what not.  Once your repayment requirements hit a certain amount, you will never be able to pay it back, and you essentially default.  The issue is that none of these countries are even remotely close to finding the profits to ever catch up on their debt.  What do they think is going to happen?  That they can just keep borrowing and hope creditors look the other way?  Is this part of China's long game?  It would be a master stroke on their behalf if they pull it off.  And it will be our own fault.  What sort of nation operates on the concept that you have to borrow in order to be profitable?  And it's the same with any nation around the world, us Western countries, despite being perceived as rich, and even poor African nations going into debt for neighbours, and the world bank under the guise of aid money.  It's sick.  The system doesn't work. 

How much does it hurt?  I guess when you were expecting another result, I guess it cuts deep.  But it's all character building.  Until there is success you just keep trying.  What are people looking for?!  I have no idea.  They're all making a big mistake anyway.  It just serves me to know not to get too caught up in anything, it's just not worth it.  I'm over it, anyway.

Alright, just a tad over an hour to go until I'm done.  Looking forward to it.  I just want to be at home and relaxing.  Well not even that.  I don't want to come in tomorrow.  I just want it to be over.  To not have to get up and just face the routine of it all.  We are too attached to this thing called life.  And for what?  20, maybe 30 years of real glory before we start to die from the inside? 

We are all rotting from the inside out.

Joaquin out.
blog comments powered by Disqus