Tuesday, June 11, 2013

She's Very Pretty

Looking forward to this very short week.  It's the only thing that's keeping me going, actually.  I thought I had all my stuff done relatively early last night, but that didn't stop me from staying up until 11:50 despite having work today.  I'm sure I'll be feeling the pain tomorrow, but then I only have one more day to go and I'll be outta here!  Another 3 day weekend, yes please!  Shame that one of those days will be taken up with social engagements, but hey, you take the good with the bad. 

Body is slowly recovering from this morning's gym session.  It's been a while since I went to the gym actually.  Couldn't go yesterday because I didn't have my house keys and I didn't want to get locked out, and I can't go on Friday cause I'm out of town again.  So it's a shortened week in that regard too, but that's ok.  I feel like I've gotten over the damage I did to myself while I was travelling for work and absolutely pigging out everyday.  And I did miss a gym day while I was gone.  But I think I'm back with it...or at least I hope!

Got in some good guitaring yesterday, which definitely helped with the withdrawals, since I haven't played in so long.  Haven't written anything new yet, but there's these 6 chords I've been playing around with now for quite some time and it's incredibly addictive.  I've really gotta turn that into something substantial.

Also been working my way through movies, and I have to say that Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li was not as bad as I thought it was going to be.  It's a decent flick if you don't take it seriously.  The reviews were incredibly harsh, and I don't see why.  It's not a Shakespearian plot, but it gets the job done.

Just need to finish off a paper I'm working on and then it's going to be a relatively easy week.  Hell, there might be a fair bit of blogging from me!  Yee-haw!  Now that's all done, I've got nothing else to do so let's bring on the random, stream of consciousness blogging that you've all come to know and love!

What the hell am I going to do with the rest of my day?  It's only 11am and I've done everything I needed to do!  Damn nation.  Wish I was at home so I could at least watch some movies or play some games.  Damn, I have so much to catch up on.  I need to think of a way to optimise my life!  More efficiencies and what not.  There should be a career for people who can meddle in people's lives like that and (hopefully) improve it!

All just a little bit further out than what you think.  But there's still a hint of familiarity about it all.  What skills do I have?  What more will I need in the future?  We can always learn.  Perhaps we should just never stop.

Putting off things until tomorrow, but I'll get around to them, just minor work stuff.

Today I wanted to talk about Ed Snowden and his whistleblowing of the US Government's PRISM program.  For those that have been living under a rock for the past few days, PRISM is basically data surveillance and interception on a massive scale by the American Government, with collaboration from technology companies.  All those dreams about whacky conspiracy theories and what not turn out to be true.  Apparently Edward Snowden has revealed that the NSA (National Security Agency) has a way of accessing all user data from willing companies, and this is not just restricted to American citizens.  They can gather data on you even if you live outside the US, and with things like rendition, I'm sure you wouldn't be safe anywhere in the world.  It's not just restricted to website views, it goes to phone data (messages, phone calls), voice over IP (skype etc), instant messaging, social networking and so on.  What a massive invasion of privacy!  This is absolutely disgusting!  George Orwell was right.  Sometimes the Government goes too far and has to be stopped.  What I don't understand is if they are able to access this ort of information, why haven't they been able to stop terrorism, or even major crimes from occurring?  It's a silly system, which just serves to further erode our rights as human beings.  Ahh, technology.  We became too reliant on it, and now it's more of a hindrance and a distraction, rather than a help.  It alienates us from responsibilities and obligations and even real human relationships. 

We've become more selfish as a result, and more focused on individualistic needs.  And yes, I do realise the ultimate irony in blogging about all of this!  Ed Snowden is apparently on the run, and rightfully so, especially after seeing how the US Government has reacted to Private Bradley Manning and Julian Assange.  They have been found out, and now they will be quick to denounce him as a traitor and lock him up, or decry him as a mentally ill person with no credibility.  Things really need to change, and I can't believe that this is really happening in this day and age.  And the troubling thing?  We wouldn't know about it if he hadn't blown the whistle and taken up the struggle with great risk to his own safety.  God speed, Snowden, you'll need it. 

What a world?  What's this place coming to? 

And just what are you looking at?

That's enough for today.

Joaquin out.
blog comments powered by Disqus