Thursday, June 13, 2013

Put That One In The Walk-In Humidore

Cause I'm smoked out!  Sitting at work and I've done everything I needed to do.  So what the hell am I supposed to do with the rest of my day?  Blog of course, and I'll probably hit up Ebay and Amazon to add to my wishlists, hahaah!  What a waste of time this is.  What the hell am I going to account my life for when I retire (if I ever live to retirement age)?  Just way too much down time and nothing to show for it.

But working on a paper at the moment and I'm thinking about how to find solutions to problems you've never encountered before?  You have to figure out a strategy, possible dillemmas for different working models and go with the path that makes the most sense.  Well hopefully that works.

I haven't played Chivalry: Medieval Warfare in a while, and I'm concerned because I'm quite proficient at it and I can win FFAs on a full map, using a knight loadout and brandishing a heavy dual handed sword, and a quick short sword.  To me, it's not so much about skill, but about timing.  If you run up to someone and swing, it'll usually be too late, because they can see you coming.  The idea is to time the apex of your swing before you reach an opponent so it connects just as you get within range.  That way, you can actually take on 2 opponents at once and come out on top.  So remember, it's all about timing and figuring out the perfect chance to strike!  Practice! 

Guitar is also not going so great!  I need to just get away from distractions and play.  Haven't had any new ideas in quite some time, and I think it's down to not learning a lot of new chords, or just jamming.  I'm just noodling away and not getting anything concrete.  I'll work on it though!

Heading off interstate again tonight so I will try to blog early.  Will be coming back relatively quickly, so I think I probably won't be able to blog while I'm gone, but as always, I'll have my phone, and I'll be making sure I get my money's worth out of Blogger+!

Read a really interesting news article on how Lego is making angrier faces on its lego characters, and researchers are concerned it's going to hurt children's development.  It's an interesting concept, and I guess they're right.  My lego toys always had the smiley faces, but with their newer concepts - Ninjago and other things - they involve fighting and villains and what not.  So of course there's going to be a lot of angry faces and what not.  Perhaps it's a sad commentary on the state of the world at the moment. 

Stupid weather!  Cold and raining outside and water got into my shoe on the way to work this morning so it's cold!  Fighting frostbite here!  Ahhh!  I'll be alright.

Ok, I've got nothing!  What am I going to do with the remaining 6 hours of the day? 

This is the place.  Right here.  This is where dreams come to die.

Are these all just stumbling blocks along the way?  I've been there.  Or at least I think so.  It was a long way to go.  Maybe I even saw it.  All hidden away in long forgotten memories.  Wouldn't it be great to remember absolutely everything you've ever seen or done?  In perfect, photographic detail?  Good and bad, I guess!

What the hell am I supposed to do with the 90 mins I have left until I can get out of here?  Gosh, at least the week has been short.

Read today that there's been ANOTHER army scandal about people sending each other material that had demeaning stuff about women in it.  Go Figure!  The Australian Defence Force is a joke.  It's where we send all our uneducated morons to go and kill people so they can feel like they've accomplished something.  They revel in the fact that they go around killing people who don't really pose a threat to the country.  So these socially maladjusted people - these monsters (who we are forced to celebrate as 'heroes' - or else risk being called a traitor) are expected to behave normally?  Whatever.  I'm not surprised.  If the media had ANY idea of what these fuckwads actually got up to,

Might have to be an early blog tonight.  Hope you enjoyed it.

That's it for now, take care of yourselves!

Joaquin out.
blog comments powered by Disqus