Friday, June 07, 2013

Games, Foreplay & Rationalism

Or at least it should be!  Economists and wannabe smarties out there, I need some help.  In any situation of 3, one would think that if they paid for a group item, you would split the costs 33%, or 1/3, right?  Does that sort of split still make sense when 2 of those parties are closely related?  So that their share would have been 100% anyway, so therefore going back to the 3 person situation, shouldn't the split payment be 50/50?  That makes MUCH more sense in my books.  I hope someone out there can confirm that sort of thinking, cause I hope I'm not insane!

Was damn tired this morning.  So much so, that I almost didn't make it to the gym, but I forced myself and I'm feeling all the better for it.  It's good to be active!

Hmm I should probably stop procrastinating and get a fair chunk of work done.  Especially since I realised I'll be working a VERY short week next week.  Just 3 days!  Yeahh!  That's a bit more like it!  If only every week was like that!

I'll see if I can come up with something a bit more substantive after I've completed some work.

The world is concerned with how people are sort of 'suspending' or 'delaying' their lives to get married.  Previously, people would marry in their 20s and so on; however, we're now seeing a move to people marrying in their 30's.  Why is this?  I think times have changed in terms of education.  People are now expected to attend institutions for higher learning before they can seek appropriate work.  So essentially the first quarter (if not third) if your life is devoted solely to educational pursuits before you can think about getting a job, let alone supporting yourself and someone else.  People were into the workforce in their early 20's and having families up to the mid 20th century, and then it all changed.  I guess another factor is extended life expectancy.  People are now living longer, and this has unintentionally affected society by making people waste their time pursuing things they don't really care about, just to work!  It makes no sense, really. 

Oh it's coming.  Believe me, it's coming.  Oh well, maybe next time.

Erghhh I really don't want to write this paper, but I'm soldiering through it.  The end of the day will come around.  Much like the end of my life.  It'll get here, eventually.  Sooner or later, haha!

The data reception in my building is crap!  It's surrounded by concrete, which means I can get call reception easily, but data (or 3G) reception is a joke!  Makes simple tasks like checking twitter an absolute pain to do.  Sometimes I'll get moments of fleeting reception, but I'm usually reduced to putting my phone on the desk and working out a direction to point it in so I can slowly get some data through.  Feels like I'm doing phone gymnastics or something like that!  What a pain!  Can't wait to get a new phone. 

Goddamn it!  I've really gotta stop procrastinating, but this tiredness is not helping me.  Neither is the thought of having to drive 3 hours after work.  Blergh!  I guess I do work better when there's pressure.  But this is really a no-pressure environment!  Not good for me!  Just sitting here staring at my screen when I'm not writing my blognotes, haha terrible!

Decided to be a bit more quiet on other social media for now.  Tumblr and twitter are good for a read, but I don't necessarily need to interact to change the experience.  This is the place I really care about and have to contribute to.

Hmm, well as you may have gathered, I'm not in town this weekend, but I'll try to blog from my phone if I get the chance.  But otherwise, you'll get something from me next week.  Wow, look at the certainty of that remark!

Anyway, take care of yourself.

Joaquin out.
blog comments powered by Disqus