Wednesday, October 24, 2012

You Should Know Of What You Speak

There's always something for everyone when the sample group is large enough.

Struggling to get through this week, I don't know what it is. Yesterday I had the epiphany (while I was in the toilet, no less) that as I get older, I will have less time for anything outside of work. It just seems like a fact of life, and that's not good.

This is killing me. I'm wasting my time, my potential, my talent, my effort. It's taking away part of my soul. I think I'm losing my sharpness, or my edge. I'm really concerned that I've lost my ability to focus and/or concentrate for decent periods of time. Do I have adult onset ADHD? That's a scary thought, though I could definitely do with some ritalin.

"I've seen sunny times that I thought would never end...but I always thought I'd see you again" - sums it up perfectly.

I cannot be beautiful. Do I need to take a second look at my dreams? Does everybody?

The girl next door blows her nose so loudly, it's like a cross between a trumpet and a harmonica.

Does anybody get what they expected out of this life? Children shouldn't learn these lessons at a young age. I think expectations on kids these days is exhorbitant, how can they function in the world if they are driven to be things that they don't care to be?

I still haven't caught up on my blog intro/retrospective, which sucks but this directly relates to my second major point above.

Dewey has a poor grip on reality?! Haha, I thought he just had an active imagination.

My knees are well and truly butchered, I wonder what's going on with them. Hope it's not an early sign of osteoporosis or some form of crippling arthritis.

What's a life of meaning supposed to consist of? Perhaps I dodged a bullet but I do not know, as the gun has not been fired.

What more can I say? Do I expect too much?

For the love of god, it's only 11:30! I have nothing to do! At least it's now 1pm! Haha you can see how long it takes me to compose stuff on here. At least I had some work to do in the interim.

When I move, I stand still and the world moves for me. Oh lordy, the mistakes from when I was happy? Perhaps I was unfocused.

You know what I think the problem is with the decline in popularity and quality of the simpsons? It's the writers. The best writers from their golden era (the 90s) have all left. Not just that, they're all quite old now, most of them in their 50s. They've lost sense of counter culture and have moved away from who they used to be. I guess they grew up. Happened with Oasis and Suede. They lost their fire. They mellowed out. Things changed, and it wasn't as good as it used to be.

England is a weird place. There's the still outdated references to class everywhere you go. I don't see how you can profess to be a democratic society, when the House of Lords still exists and titles can pass through generations. It just boggles the mind.

Fuck it. You know. Just fuck it. I've had enough for today.

Joaquin out.
blog comments powered by Disqus