Monday, December 02, 2013

Fear & Loathing & Anxiety Right Here

Ahh and here we are, back to the swing of things.  Blogging away in the heat, while my life just spills down the drain like it was nothing.  But that's what we love about it.  Well not really, but we can just pretend, can't we?  Always good to see my inbox at work shrink down to single digits, especially when it was pretty high over the past fortnight or so.  I have a good filing system.  Isn't it strange how fear, loathing and anxiety all make wonderful bedfellows.  They are always in league with each other.  It's crazy, all of it.  I am feeling it all at once right now. 

How can you face down the firing squad?  You feel the adrenaline, and you know there's nothing on the other side.  Or maybe you're wondering if there is actually anything on the other side.  But the choice was mine and I made it.  Nobody is invincible.  To just burn it all to the ground.  Maybe it's moving at a rate faster than expected.  It's all just talk and lies.  The truth is its own glory.  But I would love to prove my point.

I just set a reminder at work for one hour and that hour went by so quickly!  It's a bit of a shock.  I guess that's what life is like.  You have all these grand plans that you keep putting off and then before you know it, your life is over.  No second chances, the time arrived and that was all you had.  And I'm just seeing that reminder come and go every hour.  It's a gentle reminder that my life is being wasted. 

So yesterday saw the untimely death of Paul Walker, star of The Fast and Furious franchise.  Outside of that franchise, he has really only been in The Skulls and Into The Blue, which weren't that critically lauded.  But the outpouring of grief and shock is truly surprising.  Especially from young female fans who held him as a beauty standard.  This is just completely whacky.  It speaks volumes of this cult of celebrity, and how nobody really cares about the myriad of other automobile accidents that occur daily (let's not even get into the drink driving stuff - but note that is entirely different to the set of circumstances that killed Walker).  But as long as the person is famous and good looking, then people will care about their deaths.  It's just something that doesn't sit right with me.  Perhaps before everyone dies, they should get famous so that people can give a crap?  Then again it happens to everyone.

I've got no patience for any of this madness.  Didn't game that much over the weekend, but that's ok.  In fact I slept most of the weekend away and I feel all the better for it.  I would just love to take leave to sleep and nothing else.  Some people just have no idea.  They just don't get it.  Leaving alone is just so much easier.  Just look at how we all live as consumers in such a capitalist society.  It's a wonder more of us aren't millionaires.  Then again it's a bit scary when having a million dollars in the bank is not considered rich in developed countries.  Well holy shit, something is not right with that.  I've got enough money in the bank to go and live anywhere in the world for just 2 years and not have to work.  But I am not living it up, that you can be sure of.  That's what I'd love to do, just go somewhere and just live.  No regard for anything or anyone. 

Baah, I don't want to get up today, I don't want to face the world.  I'm dealing with too much apathy here.  Who would have thought apathy could be so all consuming?  I'm going to try to have a relaxing weekend this time around. 

Ewww the ferals from my high school - the people who would never amount to anything - are starting to breed.  How grose!  And thus the cycle of bullying and harassment continue.  Their children should be kerb stomped now before it's too late!  There's still some hope for humanity! 

Hahahah, I had a hilarious moment over the weekend when I looked up this blog's ranking on Alexa.  Apparently one of my posts was linked by a Wired article about how google failed when it acquired blogger and were having technical difficulties.  Hahaha it quoted one of my more infamousoutbursts, haha!  But that's a level of notoriety that I'm happy with.  It would make sense why a fair few people commented on that post in support of what I said, and some abusing me for my rather profane writings! So, Mr Adam L. Penenberg, thank you for quoting me, and have a good life.

Hmmm I'm just feeling restless and unsettled at the moment.  Still have to make it 2 more hours before I can get out of here, so I don't know what I'm going to do.

Forget hope, agitate instead!  I like that.

Anyhow, I'm done with today.

Joaquin out.
blog comments powered by Disqus