Monday, December 09, 2013

It's Not Me, It's You

And other such flights of fancy. Back with a blogging vengeance, and this year is almost over. Good to crack the 200 mark again for the second consecutive year. Though, I should have ideally hit 300 posts last year. It could have been done this year, but February seemed to be a very slow month. I think I may have been overseas, but I can't quite remember. It doesn't matter, it's been a good blogging year. Quality, not quantity. I think that's apparent with our earlier efforts when we were averaging about 100 posts per year, give or take 20 or so, and those were pretty good. Ahh, I really want to go back and read that stuff, but I've got a hands off policy until next year when I can do a proper blog review and reply to any comments.


Feeling pretty tired today, which is odd because tiredness and fatigue don't generally hit me until Tuesday. It probably doesn't help that I was up late partying on Saturday and didn't get to sleep until 5am, then was up early. Exhaustion hit me big time and I just passed out early last night, before having to get up to finish chores and getting back to bed. Saturday was horrible because I was tired, but with all the caffiene in my body I just could not get to sleep. Didn't get as much guitar in as I wanted, but I'll make up for it this week. I should hopefully have full internet access back tonight which should be good. I now understand the pain of slow internet and what it means in terms of lost productivity and time. But I've already had this debate on whether fast internet will free us up, or will just cause us to spend more time on the internet. I'm just aiming to lay low today and work at the sluggish pace that I'm feeling and hopefully the day will end soon.


One thing I will never understand is how these new sitcoms are regarded as funny and groundbreaking. I think of shows like 2 Broke Girls and How I Met Your Mother and 2 And A Half Men, and I have seen a few episodes of each and I have never found any of them funny in any way. I've never smiled, I've never laughed, the premises all seem so forced and unnatural. Yet these are the shows that have the millions of viewers. I just don't get it. Maybe most people don't know what funny actually means. And by extension it just means we are all out of touch with each other.


We are living in a time where people like to blame their problems on the government. If they can't afford to buy things they don't really need, they'll blame the government for it and vote them out, regardless of what the opposition's policies are, and that's incredibly dangerous. All just hallmarks of an ignorant society. Let me tell you, on a grand scale of what's happening in the world, if you have a job, a roof over your head, and you can eat whenever you're hungry, you're doing a hell of a lot better than the vast majority of people in the world. So quit being whiny bitches, and get over your victim mentality. The world doesn't owe you anything unless you're prepared to be completely selfless.


Something I find very troubling at the moment is the idea that all these large companies (banks and automative makers) need to be bailed out by Governments in their country when they are in financial strife. That's not how a free market economy should operate. Big business and conservative wankers like to talk about how great capitalism is, but the fact is that capitalism doesn't work unless you force a certain number of people to be the underclass and remain there to benefit those above them, by working at reduced rates and often unpaid, compared to their bosses. But capitalism shouldn't be regulated like this - there should be no protectionism. The idea is that the market dictates consumer needs. If an industry is failing, it's because they have failed to adapt and meet customer requirements, or that people don't want that particular product. Why are all these cars being manufactured if there is nobody to drive them? There's no space to actually park these cars. But yet they keep pumping them out for god knows what reason. There needs to be cyclical manufacturing processes, because the status quo is definitely not sustainable. It makes me ill when CEOs and executives front up to Government inquiries and beg for money stating that they have an obligation to protect jobs and the economy. Sorry, but the whole reason we're in this mess is because these people could not understand what the consumers wanted, and poor leadership and management resulted in some absolutely horrible decisions being made. In the end it leads to terrible outcomes. Banks survived to create another problem through the sub-prime mortgage crisis which resulted in so many people losing their homes. Car manufacturers are still pumping out ridiculously expensive large cars which don't match any market profile. It's screwing the consumer over. Government shouldn't be supporting this. Who knows what will happen after the next round of bail outs? It's not good for the average guy on the street. Governments don't bail out people when they're in financial trouble, so why do corporations get the help? That right there is something that's not right with our society. But you know what the bigger problem is - vehicles and houses cost far more than what they're actually worth.

Markup on property is ridiculous. What I find brilliant in the West is that all the rich people live near the water, but in poorer parts of the world, the waterline is where all the poor people live! Most people cannot afford a car or a house without entering into a loan agreement with a bank, who then screws you over with ridiculous levels of interest. That's just not right. How are people supposed to live like that? And don't just tell me that's the way it is. Things have to change so that everybody can live just a little bit better. The problem is what you want and what you need are very different things.


The other is heading off overseas for a little while at the end of this week. Don't fret, I'll be giving him a reminder to blog and write some music while he's gone. It'll be like the good ol' days damn it!


What is it about honour that drives us? There's been an affront and it must be settled. What sort of qualities are there?


Le Sigh, just 2 hours to go and I'm out of here. I need to stop overindulging. Hell, even stop indulging. Just get through the bare necessities.


You'll have to excuse me, there's something in my eye...


It's been a good one, that's for sure.


I'm done.


Joaquin out.

blog comments powered by Disqus