Tuesday, December 17, 2013

These Days Are Like The Rest

It's strange having the internet again.  I'm not really getting back into the swing of things and that's alright.  I prefer just relaxing and not doing very much when I'm at home.  Shamefully I haven't really gotten back into my novel (Blood Meridian) and that's terrible considering I didn't do a whole lot on the weekend.  If you're not reading at least 10 minutes worth of your book per day, you're pretty much a failure at life.  Cause I'm reading this stuff in huge chunks, often weeks apart and I have completely forgotten what has happened before.

I'm concerned about offshoots of this new wave of feminism.  Feminism is good - there's a lot of inequality and it needs to be addressed in terms of gender relations.  But within this subgroup there's this group of angry white girls who consider that everything can be blamed on patriarchy.  That sort of thinking is not useful because it is really just an excuse to get angry and blame real (and imagined) problems on a root cause that simply isn't relevant.  How are you going to draw people to your cause if you keep blaming them for those issues?  You can't stop the guns if you're like a machine gun blindly firing at everything in your path, can you?  There are other reasons, there are other causes.

Is this all just a pattern?  Sigh, it's Tuesday today.  At least it's just a work week until I'm out of here.  Ahh just sitting here trying to decide whether to start doing the second project I had in mind.  Yeah I'll get to it, it doesn't hurt to evenly divy up your work so you're not bored.

Is there anything to report?  Well not really.  Everything is just an anomaly in my life.  Even sleep is an ordeal.  It's just too hot to sleep properly and everything is restless and I wake up feeling awful. 

What the hell am I doing?  This is not what I want to do.  But much like Revolutionary Road and It's A Wonderful Life, things get away from you.  It's the panacea for the dreams of anyone.  You have to fight it every day of your life.  But the question is how and when?  That's key. 

I've got the t-rex vision!  I can only see if there's motion.  What's it like from the outside looking in? 

Are we seeing a drop of activity on this blog?  The numbers seem down within the last week or so.  I'm not that concerned, I write for me, and anyone who wants to read is welcome to. 

What I've come to realise is that you have good days and bad days.  Some days you can just do everything.  But other days it seems like the universe is against you.  There's nothing you can do about it, despite all the preparation in the world.  So just grin and bear it I say.  The problem with taking breaks early is that it leaves you with far more time to get through the day until you can actually leave.  I have 3 hours to go! 

You know what I find disturbing?  Girls who are close to their fathers.  There's a big thing about boys not being close to their mothers in case they turn out to be 'mummy's boys' or something of the sort.  Essentially where nobody can compare, and you (as a partner) feel like you're living in that sort of shadow for your entire life.  So if that's the case, why are girls encouraged to have strong relationships with their fathers?  It seems like a double standard, cause as a guy it seems really odd.  A girl saying her father is her first love, and that other guys have to fight to even get a place in her heart.  That's some weird pseudo/psycho-sexual stuff going on there.  I guess that's why the girls with daddy issues tend to not be able to form lasting relationships and have emotional problems? 

I think that's really all I can comment on for today, I better get some work done.  And I only have 2 hours to go until I'm out of here, oh crap!

Joaquin out.
blog comments powered by Disqus