Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Get Down With The Soreness

How quickly a few days can change things.  Woke up on Monday early feeling like a million bucks.  Now it's Wednesday and I'm tired and I don't want to be at work.  Then again, that's nothing new.  But at the gym this morning, I could have sworn I pulled something in my right calf, and it feels like I'm on the cusp of an injury there.  Hopefully it disappears tomorrow after weights day.  I'm getting older man, the closer I push 30, the more I wake up not feeling rested, and I'm in pain when I get up.  From my neck to my back every day.  Is this getting older?  Is it all truly downhill from here?  That's not a good sign, these are not good times.  Who would have thought that when I started this blog I'd be talking about the gym as often as I do?  I'm not one of those buff gym douchebags who loves working out in front of the mirror.  Unfortunately, as you get older and your body slows down, health and fitness become a necessity of life.  How sad and boring.  I'd like to be living it up and be dead by the time I'm 40, thank you.

But hey, at least it's hump day, right?  Helps that tomorrow is pay day which helps break up the monotony.  It'll be good to see the account balance go up for a change.  Been living too large lately, but the blame is shared.  Am I getting weaker?  Well every day I'm just fading away.  It's the same for all of us.  When did I become so defeatist?!  It's terrible.  But I guess I've noticed a change in the past few years. 

Today has been an unusually busy day.  I wonder what's going on?  Hopefully things don't get too busy to the point where I can't blog anymore.  That would really suck.  What's with this warmth?  It engulfs us all.  Feeling tired, like everything is a dream.  I could just disappear forever. 

I think the Western world places too much emphasis on founder documents such as country constitutions.  Do you think people who lived more than a century ago (sometimes 2 centuries), would be aware of how things would turn out in the future?!  Goddamn, most of us have no idea how things would turn out within 5 years of our own lives!  Think about how knowledge has progressed!  The average child today would be considered a world changing genius in past times.  And yet we still rely on the words, ideals and thoughts of long dead men to shape our current times, and our future.  That makes no sense, and it's just not right.  It's not like Constitutions actually limit government power anyway.  Most of it is disregarded most of the time anyway.

I'm done with this.  What am I expecting to see when I log in?!


Joaquin out.
blog comments powered by Disqus