Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Divorcing Process From Procedure

Wait a minute, that doesn't even make sense, does it?  I'm not sure, but it's going to remain as the title for today's post.  What do you say?  I've been through there a few times, but obviously I wasn't paying much attention.  It was otherworldly.  Like I didn't belong.  Walking along lonely streets without even realising who I was.  It's always good to have a few options up your sleeve though.  Reminds me of a few movies I've seen.

There isn't someone like that in my life, is there?  Not really.  Ahh blogging is so good for me.  Much better than tumblr.  Less time consuming also.  Do I have anything for you today?  While I'm pretending to be a faux member of the grey suit brigade?

I'm interested in this situation in Nairobi, Kenya.  Typically when news from Africa gets to Australia, it gets shunted to the middle of the news, so it's less important.  You'll typically see sports results announced before world news these days, which is incredibly sad.  It's also a stinging indictment on how Australians (as well as the West) view the world outside their own countries.  So for those of you not in the know, an upmarket shopping mall (read: risk due to the amount of cashed up foreigners that would be there), was raided by a bunch of terrorists, and they killed about 70 people (based on current counts) via machine gun fire and grenades.  Now amongst the bodies they have found that a white woman was among the dead terrorists.  This characterisation bothers me.  Terrorists can be anyone, that's why they're terrorists.  If you're saying islamic terrorists can only be brown, or in this case black, then aren't you really saying this is 'war on terror' is really a war on religion, with racist overtones?  Apparently terrorists can only be brown or black, and they can only be muslim and they can only be men, based on the stupid assumptions going around at the moment.  Then all of a sudden it's making front page news with big blown up pictures of this white lady wearing traditional dress.  It just astounds me.  How come people like Anders Breivik are labelled as madmen, but if you are apparently muslim, all of a sudden you can't be anything but a terrorist.  Complete and utter bullshit.

Does Keith have too much dignity?  It could be an excuse.

Oh shit, it's only Tuesday!  For some reason, I thought it was Wednesday!  Would have been closer to pay day, but I guess I was not right.  Oh well.  Just need to get through it and the long weekend will be here. 

I've been getting into extra credits on penny arcade, and it's pretty informative.  I highly recommend it.  It's definitely an interesting way to look at games.  But one of the more interesting videos was definitely the controversial one about faith vs science.  A lot of people came down on religion in really violent and derogatory terms.  They professed unwavering faith in the scientific method.  And I guess it is right, to the uninitiated.  But as the point that was made in the video, even science to an extent is based on faith to a degree.  You have to believe what you're doing is right, and what you're observing would be the same for everyone else.  I guess in a way science is quite objective after results are made, but faith is always inherently subjective.  And therein lies the rub.  The other videos on the site are extremely preachy though.  He doesn't seem to exhibit the open mind that he extols.  But you know, hypocrites and what not.

So that busy week hasn't really materialised yet. 

I could really go for some place warmer about now.  It's just a little too cool right now.  I'm not feeling 100% at the moment.  What weird feelings.  And now there's a reason.  Now there's an excuse.  I would have just been down the road!  And I could have potentially never known what lay before me.  I shouldn't even be here.

There was a marker.  There was a reminder.  But that's the keyword, was.  And it's gone.

Always on the right side.  Closer than I thought.  Who could have guessed?  How interesting.  I should have paid more attention.

Goddamn, I've really gotta get out of here, don't I?  Or do I stay?  That's the question.

What the hell kind of post is this?

Well owing to my laziness today, tomorrow will probably be action packed and busy.  We'll see what happens.

Joaquin out.
blog comments powered by Disqus