Monday, September 16, 2013

And...Now What?

It's meant to be spring!  It's so cold and wet.  Feels like winter all over again.  Things don't bode well.  The weekend screwed me over nicely.  I just found it impossible to sleep before 4-5am both Friday and Saturday nights.  So of course cut to last night and I just couldn't sleep at all.  Needless to say, I'm not feeling the love today.  Luckily I still managed to get all my work done, and it's not even midday!  So what to do with the remainder of my time?  Blog of course!

My health is getting back to where it once was, so that's good news.  I'll be back to peak fitness in a fortnight at the most, hopefully!!  Guitar is still not going well.  I have to find the time to play properly.  It's just basically noodling, or doing warm up exercises in a rushed way.  You know things have not progressed well when you're playing basic stuff and making mistakes. 

Looks like I might be heading off overseas again, again for pleasure.  Then it struck me - have I become one of those people?  Travelling the world and not caring about its problems?  This will be 3 overseas trips this year, 6 countries.  Not bad at all.  And now look at me.  What am I even??!

Let's talk about the Taylor Swift problem.  Here is an interesting dilemma for feminism.  She is a successful singer/songwriter who is famous for writing acidic themed breakup songs and is just as famous for her troubled love life.  So she represents a sort of man-hungry woman who isn't complete without a man in her life, and whenever things go wrong, she acts out through song.  So of course, she does not reflect well on feminist values.  But then she's also successful and writes well received songs - the majority of her fans are young females.  So what does this mean?  She makes women look bad, but she's also successful.  And there's the connundrum.

Am I forever growing more suspicious each day.  There's a lot being said which isn't relevant.  But what concerns me is the relevant stuff that is remaining unsaid.  Was I not thinking?  Hmmm, troubling developments indeed. 

Is the world coming around full circle?  What past experiences of mine are now being found again in the future?  Not even that, in the present. 

Like seriously, where the hell did that weekend go?  I didn't get anything done that I wanted to.  I've bought some books to read and I've barely made a dent in either.  And I wanna finish them so that I can get more books.  Not enough people read for pleasure anymore.  Is it because school sucks out the love of reading from us?  I wanted to read more so I could get away from screens.  Just too many of them in my day to day life.

I was reading a little while ago about how there's a school in England where kids can attend classes as they like, or else they're free to spend time as they like (playing etc.).  Apparently after a few days, all the kids willingly attend class.  Why is this?  Even in my own circumstance, I find myself learning things more in-depth than when I was in school.  I think the difference is passion.  If you want to learn about stuff, then you will.  And it becomes easier.  How we go about education in this age is a joke.

But I'd better end it here.  Not a bad effort right?  I may not be able to blog tomorrow, but we'll see!

Joaquin out.
blog comments powered by Disqus