Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Not With The Program(me)


Do you even know what this is?  How can you be sure of what's going on?

It's utterly freezing here.  I should have stayed in bed.  Couldn't gym this morning due to circumstances outside of my control, so I'm colder than usual, and on top of that I'm also feeling tired.  So I'm doing my best to lay low today and do the minimum amount of work required to see me through today.  I like walking around with my earphones in, even when I'm not listening to music.  I just feel a bit warmer when the wind isn't in my ears.  Haha, that's a bit messed up, isn't it?  Then again, my nose is always running.

Traveling for work again tomorrow, and at least it's an overnight trip.  It'll be good to get away from home, even if for a little while.  Then home on Friday night, winning!  Should be a relatively easy weekend.  I'll be able to get through all the things that I want to.

Getting quite heavy into guitar at the moment, especially on our best songs.  I've been making it a point to learn the chords and and the transitions so I haven't been rushing through things.  Usually getting through about 4-5 songs per hour.

Shit, is it just me, or have I been covering the same bullshit for the past few weeks, if not months in my posts??  Goddamn, I need to shake things up a bit.

Looking back, I have not updated the Joaquin Rate List (JRL) in some time.  But I've got 9 names to add in, which I'll hopefully get to this weekend!  You'll enjoy the updates.  Trust me!  Man, I should actually add pictures to that post, just so people know what I'm on about when I talk about someone.  Haha!  That's good.  I hope you'll all enjoy.  It'll take some time to get to though.  But I'll get there in the end!  What's strange is that that particular post has so many hits.  But should I be surprised, considering the subject matter?  It could also have something to do with the constant linking to that post within various parts of this blog!  Might have to give that a try!  That and also tagging all the posts.  But like I said, that's to come with the next blog intro-retrospective.  Maybe I'll save that for next September (as in 2014)?  That's dependent on whether I can keep blogging with that sort of output.

It was bad enough that a little while ago I was able to tell exactly what I would be doing that evening, when it was early morning.  But now I can tell what I'll be doing on Monday, which is about half a week away!  What the hell?!  Is my life that predictable and boring?  Yeah, I guess it is.

A lot of people are whingeing about Yahoo acquiring Tumblr.  That's fair enough, Yahoo hasn't had the best track record in keeping their new acquisitions relevant or up to date (flickr and what not).  But this is different.  Yahoo is being led by a very competent CEO in Marissa Mayer.  It must be tough being a working mother, especially one in the spotlight like her, considering how much trouble Yahoo has had recently with their executives.  Just look at their stock price, Marissa is really changing things around, and good on her.  David Karp shouldn't be criticised for being a sell out.  He's worked on this thing for a good chunk of his life, and he should be fairly rewarded for his hard work and innovation.  Isn't it fair that he can create something and profit from it?  What's everyone scared about?  Life will continue.  David is still in charge of his creation.  It's all good, and good on him, and Yahoo.
I was reading on the Sydney Morning Herald (SMH, haha in more ways than one), and a story written by Jeff McGill (editor for the Campbelltown Macarthur Advertiser) about how they've lobbied to have that region referred to as something else rather than South West Sydney.  They want to write it off as stopping the sweeping generalisations, but the fact is that Campbelltown IS geographically southwest of Sydney.  Therefore, it's fair to refer to it as that.  Not just that, there are definite racist undertones in what they're saying, because they don't want to get lumped into the same boat as new immigrants, who typically settle in places in Western Sydney, and there's the community perception of low education and high crime in these areas.  The folk in Campbelltown are your typical bogan scum that have no relevance in society, and look to protect their own identity because in their own minds they are suprior to everyone else.  Let's just refer to it as the Bogan Sydney instead, shall we?  It's far more accurate.

What does it take to be big?  Is it merely down to luck?  Sheer effort?  Advertising?  Just gotta get out there and do it I suppose, for the love of the game.

Why do so many people post public statuses on facebook?  Do they not know that stuff is accessible to the public?  Whenever I see a public status, I usually don't comment or like it, just out of principle.  People need to be a bit more mindful of their privacy.  Things have sure changed from when I was a teenager, that's for sure.

Silvana at City Supabarn: you have the greatest ass I've ever seen.  Congratulations, you deserve an award!  But do you ever wonder why so many guys tend to take the register behind you as opposed to your own one?  Leggings as pants, that's why!  Goddamn.  Zoned out there for a while!

Hmmm, I do have some work to do, but I don't feel like doing it.  What do I do?  Only 2 or so hours until I'm out of here.  Better think of something!!! 

What's inside you??  What's there? 

Can you tell that I'm still trying to make up for the error in Mondays blog with deleting my e-mail before posting my blog notes?  Hahaha, how funny!  Still an issue for me.

Anyway, I'll leave it there for now.

Joaquin out.
blog comments powered by Disqus