Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Learning To Forgive Oneself


I still can't believe that I deleted my blog post from my e-mail before I even posted it.  It's my own fault, and yeah I admit it and acknowledge it.  Don't know what I was thinking.  Probably due to having a tumblr post and a blog post in the one e-mail, and then deleting the e-mail after tumblring it, but not blogging it.  Sheeit, I still can't believe, but that's ok!  Probably nothing of any real value in there anyway, it's just the thought that I had the blognotes open all day and was contributing to it, but only for it to all amount to nothing in the end.  Haha, as Linkin Park would say, In The End, It Doesn't Even Matter!

But what's in the past is done, and I can't fix it.  It's not like other issues I've had with blogger (in the PAST), like where I've lost a blog post and what not, because this is all squarely my fault.  You learn from it, and I won't be making that mistake again.  So moving on!

20 or so minutes to go and I've decided to not do any more work today.  I've had plenty of things to do all day, so I'm a bit behind with blogging, but that's all fine.

Social media.  So what am I getting into these days?  How do I split myself across all the things that I use?

Facebook - showing off and just not engaging with people I know.  In fact, most people I know don't even use it that often anymore.  I think it's more of a teenager/early 20's thing, even though it was my generation that first cottoned on to it and were among the first users.

Twitter - just me trying to be funny and failing, as well as following celebrities to see how utterly boring they really are.  I chop and change the list a fair bit, because I don't like reading too many tweets.  But this is probably more relevant to tumblr, as you'll see below.

Instagram - just being random.  I don't even know why I use it.  T-Boy put me on to it, and I've been trying to wrap my head around taking pictures every so often.  But I just post stupid things with random tags and people like it and follow me.  I don't understand it.  I think it's one for the kids, and for vain people.

Tumblr - good source of entertainment and news.  I do enjoy using it, but I think that a number of people tend to post way too much material.  They aren't considerate and tend to think that they're the only tumblrspace on the internet.  So when you add in the possibility that you're following about 60+ users, it's not going to go down well.  It's also a major issue if people are just sort of hacking through their newsfeeds to read things that only instantly get them excited.  That's not right.  I want everything on my newsfeed to be relevant to me, so I tend to unfollow people a fair bit.

Blogger - the truth.  The barebones truth.  And that's how you like it!

Ahhh, I'm so irrelevant and redundant here.  If a change occurs, I'm secretly hoping that I get fired!  That would be pretty cool.

What strikes me as hilarious is the idea that Larry Page got up at a tech convention recently and was sad that technology isn't helping to improve people's lives.  What a hypocritical tosser!  Google is responsible for plunging massive revenue piles into sifting through your information to compile dossiers on its users, so they have great information that they can onsell to people like advertisers.  They could be using their resources to further better humanity, but they're not really doing anything about it.  Stuff like google glasses and what not are just novelty items that don't really improve the way we live our lives.  They're just more distractions for a life we increasingly grow even detatched from.

Anyway, that's it for now.

Joaquin out.
blog comments powered by Disqus