Friday, May 03, 2013

Decayed Decade


Where the hell did the last 10 years of my life go?  It was over in just the blink of an eye.  And yet I know my entire life will be exactly the same.  I was here, and then I just...wasn't.  Time doesn't stop for anything.  But one day, I hope it does.  Maybe we can take up residence next to a black hole?  As close as can be without crossing over the event horizon, cause I don't imagine that would be good for you.  At least time will slow down for us, but it's all relative.  What's on for the next 10 years?  Oh god, what about over the next 2?  They will be the most important of my life, I feel.  Best make something of it, or else it's just this.  This this this.  Blergh.

It's nice to get things done which have been sitting on my to-do list for about 4 months.  But it's all done and I can sleep a little bit easier.  Well that being said, I didn't sleep very well last night.  Was restless throughout the night and this morning I was just damn tired.  I slept in and didn't bother going to the gym.  So of course now I'm feeling flat (and cold) at work.  Not a good way to get through things.  Man I really should have gone!  I'm regretting it now. 

Ergh, lady!  Don't try to own it if you don't know what you're doing.  It makes the rest of us look bad!!  4 hours until I can get out of this hell hole, but at least I'm taking lunch today, so when I get back it'll be just 3 hours.  Maybe 2 if I can leave a bit later on.

The thing I can't stand about this country is the misplaced arrogance and sense of self-entitlement.  Australia and Australians are notorious for thinking that they're the best, while not wanting to admit to any flaws whatsoever.  Any criticism is met with cries that other countries are worse, or flat out denial that anything is wrong.  Take this bullshit nationalistic pride.  Essentially you can't be Australian unless you're white, have the accent, and your family has been here for at least 2 generations.  Ethnic people will forever be ethnic, and Indigenous people are just regarded as forgotten and ignored.  Then they have the gall to complain that the country is being taken away from them by Asians and other ethnic groups, as well as refugees!  Folks, you came to this country illegally yourselves, then made up a ridiculous law that had complete basis in racism, facism and ignorance to say that the land was unoccupied, so you were allowed to claim it (this was only overturned over 200 years later).  But that still hasn't changed the mentality of the people, who remain blissfully unaware of the troubles facing these minorities and marginalised groups, or who openly fear and criticise and criminalise them.  I think on that basis, they deserve to have 'their' country taken away from 'them'.  A country belongs to all the people who occupy it.  You can't claim ownership of it, because it claims ownership over you.  People don't want to pay additional taxes to fund a disability scheme to help give dignity to people's lives, because they think the Government owes them.  What complete utter bullshit!  Let's remember the words of JFK here!  The world really is becoming a nastier place.  Yet everyone thinks they're doing the right thing.  God help us.

I've had enough for today.

Joaquin out.
blog comments powered by Disqus