Wednesday, May 08, 2013

You Are The Cause Of All This Pain


And Celeste Buckingham can sing you the next part of the song.  What a waste of a day!  Had a 4 hour meeting in the morning, which was absolutely pointless.  We did not need to be there.  But at least I was able to get out of the office, and there was a free lunch, so yahoo!  At least it makes the day pass quickly, which I'm always down with.  But it also means that I didn't get too much substantive work done.  Some was done though!  Not a complete deadbeat here, haha!

It would be nice to go home and just relax, but don't get that opportunity for 2.5 hours at least.  Will just have to find a way to get through it all.

Oh man!  Had a really awesome session of guitar last night.  Was impressed with my memory retention on some of the other's old stuff.  Usually I have to keep those tabs open in dropbox while I play, but I managed to remember a hell of a lot.  Got my own rhythms going on my songs, and attempted to marry the lyrics to the music, which is always a pain in the ass, but I was getting somewhere.  There's hope for me yet!  Will get into it a bit more tonight.  Even told the other that his progressions were pure genius, and he was happy!  We will jam when I'm in his neck of the woods in a few months time.  It'll be good.

Was just struck by a weird memory.  Yayen posted some of his old pictures to facebook of when we were in High School.  He had an interest in photography and took some black and white pics with the school camera when he was doing a class.  There was one with me and 2 others in it.  One being Ben.  Ben died a few years later when we were in university.  He died in a car crash on a stretch of road that is relatively clear - he had a head on with another car when he was speeding (I believe).  I don't know what happened to him in that regard, because he was a level headed smart guy, but maybe he was just having a bad day?  Maybe it was just an accident with no explanation. 

Brings me back to another high school memory.  We had a walkathon where we had to walk 20km for charity.  When you're that young, 20km is a hell of a long distance!  It was a pretty gruelling day, but I managed to get through it.  But the interesting thing was that some people actually ran the thing, in an event organised by a sporty teacher.  I thought that was sheer madness, but I found out later that they didn't run the entire 20km, they ran a straight line to the destination, which was closer to 7km, and I thought that was a bit more manageable!  I could run that now!  I think that's when I first talked to Yayen.  He never was one to throw the first punch.

Ok, only 30 minutes to go until I'm out of here!  Looks like things are going to be busy for the rest of the week, which will be good. 

Hahaa, just had a wicked idea, but the execution of it requires some thought and planning, which I just don't have the time for anymore. 

Gosh, looking at my reflection in the window and I am so ugly!  Why am I even allowed to exist?  Hahaha!  Irony of a self-serving statement right there.  What on Earth is going on?  Hmm, well I'll try to have a good night?  Heading interstate again this weekend, so might not be able to blog on Friday night, unless it's from my phone, but we'll see.  I'll try my best.  Oh god, Sydney.  Where will I be?  Would be interesting!

Anyway, I'd better leave it there.  Take care!

Joaquin out.
blog comments powered by Disqus