Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Pouring Confectionary Over Open Wounds


Will never be good for one's wellbeing.  My nails are growing out, so not playing guitar as well as I can, but I'll give them a trim this weekend, and I'll be back into the good stuff.  Not sure if I mentioned that I've created another subfolder on dropbox.  I've put 50 of the other's and mine's best songs so that I can just focus on learning them and getting down some melodies and 2nd guitar ideas to layer over them. 

Heading interstate tomorrow for work.  Have to get up freakishly early to take an early morning flight, but at least it's only for the day.  What a world, traveling almost the entire day to attend a meeting that runs for about 2 hours.  Terrible.  Oh well, at least I'll be able to get some frequent flyer points, haha!  It's a really dodgy system though.  You have to fly a hell of a lot of miles to even qualify for the baseline class with Qantas.  I fly more than the average person, so I shudder to think of what's actually required (I don't have to pay for my flights out of my own pocket - cause it's all work related travel), to make it on your own.  Oh well, it's all a scam anyway.  There's no real benefits, just like FlyBuys or any other loyalty scheme from a capitalist corporation.  They want to give you the illusion that they're trying to give something to you, when in fact, you're subsidising your own gifts by having to frequent the service so often.  At least I get to travel by myself tomorrow.

Lack of any form of activity has really killed my knees since returning to the gym this week.  My legs are just dead, and I'm really looking forward to just being off my feet today.  Too bad I have a crap load of work to do!  Made the mistake last night of accidentally falling asleep after watching tv.  It was only 30 minutes - 7:40-8:10, but it messed me up for sleep.  I was tossing and turning all night, and didn't really get to have a proper sleep.  Though, I do recall having one strange dream where I was visiting someone in some yard or shed, and we were all playing with some sort of weird oil that created intense flames.  Then I saw Anj for a while, and also Paulie (I think), but then either Anj or his brother Mike showed off a Dragonball Z type skill where they got someone to throw the flames onto them while they used their qi to stop themselves from getting burned.  I just recall that it looked absolutely awesome.  Well there you go, another insight into my weird subconscious.  I'm not even going to begin to dissect that one.  Ergh, I'm just so tired today. 

Interesting moments this week.  I ran into Julian from college.  I didn't like this guy.  He was one year above us (I think), but he had a knack for pissing me off.  On my second day of college we were all lining up to take the bus and he was getting on with his girlfriend and then a huge line of year 11's pushed in and made everyone surge forward so I ran into him, and he subsequently ran into his girlfriend.  He turned around and swore at me like it was my fault!  Dude, why the hell would I push someone in a bus line?!  Mofo looked like he was about to hit me.  Then not just that, Izzy would say that he was the best looking guy she had ever seen and would do anything to be with him.  Then uni, he dated Superfine (yes, most likely the best looking girl I've ever seen).  We were informed that Superfine had a number of pregnancy scares with him and it was all rather perplexing (don't you think, haha)!  Anyway, I never saw him after that, but just this week it looked like I had seen him in Civic hanging out with a bunch of nerds and having grown all his hair out.  What the hell happened to him??  Looks like he should be running around middle Earth looking for Frodo.  Fucker. 

If I hear the words 'strategic vision' or 'bigger picture' one more time, I'm going to absolutely freak out.  I can't stand this idiocy, I should be in charge, but I'm not!  Just gotta get out of here.  In more ways than one.  I should have gone overseas while I had the chance.  Now I'm stuck here. 

Fucking 'haha'!  I don't even like using those words, they cut across me now!

Stupid new iOS!  Updated it, and now I'm chewing through 10% of my battery life in 20 minutes of use!  That's not right at all.  It's just regular 3G browsing on twitter and facebook.  That's not right at all.  Apple, if you can't fix you shit, you deserve to go down!  Samsung be taking over!! 

I'm in a weird mood.  I feel like going to a rave and totally getting off my face.  Have I ever been to a rave?  Nope.  Have I ever been off my face?  Nope.  Weird times.

Alright I better keep it there.  I'll try to blog while I'm out and about tomorrow, but no promises.  I'll see how things go.

Take care.

Joaquin out.
blog comments powered by Disqus