Tuesday, May 07, 2013

Who Is Steering The Ship?


I don't know.  Hell, I didn't even know there was a ship involved!  I'm just me, a person.  Nothing to do with anyone or anything.  Just tired, tired, tired.  Woke up this morning and very nearly called in sick because I just wanted to stay in bed.  Probably wasn't helped by the fact that I also fell asleep last night in front of the tv while watching Mythbusters!  Damn, I wanted to know what happened.  Did the Build Team's improvised parachute work?  Guess I'll never know.  What the hell is going on?  I'm making a determined effort to get into bed earlier, which I'm doing, yet every day I'm feeling tired in the mornings.  Maybe my body got used to less sleep?  I remember back in the old days, I would have a Red Bull on Tuesday mornings with breakfast, because it would get me through the week.  Tuesdays hit harder than most, as I'm sure I've said many times.

A bit miffed that GTA5 is only coming out on consoles first!  What about the new Windows, man?!  I'm sure it would look great!  Bring it out on PC!  But maybe wait until I've finished all my other games first.  Shite, do I even have anything to blog about today?  Got a terrible 4 hour meeting that I've gotta sit through tomorrow.  It's going to be technical and boring and nothing to do with me.  I wonder how I'm going to last?  Well at least there's free food, haha!  That's how you can get through it!

Oh man, still 90 minutes to go until I can get out of here?!  Ahhh, I can't do this!  Did a fair bit of work today and now I'm just absolutely taxed out of it.  As per usual I just want to put on my warm clothes and go to sleep.  But I don't want to go home, still with that thing!  What does one more day bring? 

There was a good advertisement the other day about Aboriginal (indigenous) politicians, from an Indigenous Scholarship network.  The ad basically had the picture of an aboriginal man in a suit in front of an Australian flag, implying he was the Prime Minister, with a caption "this will never happen".  But the next page states that the education network believes that it can.  And that's wonderful.  But what I read in the Telegraph today was that the scholarship sets up indigenous students to study at very elite schools.  Ok that's fine, but what I have an issue with is that concept that you can only have a Prime Minister from an elite school.  I've said a million times that you don't need someone from one of those fancy private schools to lead the country.  It is a fallacy that they receive the best education, and that they're the best equipped to lead.  Most of the time they are pretentious snobs with only hubris in their hearts.  The sense of entitlement they have is truly sickening and disgusting, and they only get places because their parents have money, and they can set up networks to get jobs and opportunities, despite not having any head for true leadership or any aptitude for anything besides partying, drinking, drugs and sexual assault.  Harsh?  Yes.  But accurate.  I'm sick of that status quo, things need to change.  We need people who care, people who can do the job.

Alrighttttt, only 40 minutes to go till I'm out!  I can do this.  Shame to hear about the result of the Malaysian elections.  Saru explained the situation to me, whereby everyone wants the opposition to be in power, but endemic corruption has resulted in widespread voter fraud.  Malaysia practices a system whereby there are a number of unevenly populated electorates.  So, hypothetically, 10 electorates of 1,000 people hold more power than 5 electorates with 10,000 people (stretching this hypothetical, but you know what I mean).  Therefore, there's plenty of opportunity to create mischief.  What I don't get is that the opposition comfortably won the popular vote, but due to the intricacies (and vaguearies) of the system, they have still lost, considerably!  Not a good sign, especially with the inevitable protests that have to come now.  Just hope it doesn't lead to violence, but hopefully there will be change just around the corner.  Not a good sign, especially if we are aiming to relocate to Malaysia at some point of our lives.

Thinking of taking a quick overseas jaunt next month to see a concert, as well as to potentially visit Sez.  We'll see if it can happen.  Gotta lot of ducks to potentially line up if it's all to happen.

Hmmm, might keep it there for today. 

Joaquin out.
blog comments powered by Disqus