Thursday, January 03, 2013

She Said She's Gonna


I'm going to have to go on a White Whine-esque rant here.  For those of you who aren't in the know, you should google White Whine and look up the first hit that you get.  Endless fun to be had there.  But I need to rant about the tax system in Australia.  I'm nowhere near the top tax bracket, but I get slammed in terms of additional tax on investment income.  I don't think it should be taxed at the same extent as other income, because it stifles growth, and it's a damn inconvenience when you factor in stupid things like the Pay as You Go (PAYG) system, it leads to a very silly, convoluted system.  So essentially on my savings, I have to conduct additional paperwork and pay money in quarterly instalments, just so they can reconcile it with tax I have to pay (or have refunded to me) at tax time.  Jesus!  Why not just let me have my money and then if I owe you, I'll pay it when it's due.  Not get into this whole song and dance about quarterly payments and additional paperwork that's not directly related to my tax return.  I'll have the money for it, that's no problem, but shouldn't it be my right to enjoy the cash I have derived?  Stupid system.

Didn't get a whole lot done guitar wise last night, but I managed to write down the stuff I have been meaning to tab, so that's good.  I'm always paranoid that I'll forget brilliant rhythms or riffs.  Well it does happen quite often, so I make it a point to tab them if required.  But tonight I'll get down to some actual playing of my own stuff.

Heading interstate again this weekend.  I'll see if I can hit up some blogging from my phone while I'm gone, but we'll see.  I'll have nothing better to do, since I don't need to drive.

What I'm finding hard to discern is that it's only 11:20am!  Holy crap!  How am I supposed to get through the rest of the day in this state?  I'm not as tired as I was yesterday, but still not 100%.  I still have so long to go before the day is over!  And on top of that, it's going to be a long day.

Yesterday it was boiling in the office, and today it is freezing.  Even though the temperature is the same.  Looks like people have located the air conditioner!  Hahaha, gosh I'm so bored!

Oh crap!!  I was supposed to walk down to the fountain today to watch it turn on and I missed out.  Damn it, so forgetful of me.  It's nice doing things for myself, but not when you totally neglect them.

What are you to do with life?  Hope for the best and expect the worst, I guess.

Well at least the evening was productive.  It's amazing how much you can get done without tv or a computer.  Ironic.  Haha!

Joaquin out.
blog comments powered by Disqus