Wednesday, January 02, 2013

Precious Things/Hell, I Am Here


What madness is this?  Oh that's right, I am here at work.  I did not sleep a wink last night and I am absolutely zombified right now.  This isn't good, especially considering how much work I need to get done today.  Not to mention that it took me like 20 minutes to send a basic e-mail this morning.  I'm losing the plot, that's for sure.

New Year's Gobby?  Haha, don't mind if I do!  Interesting, it's all very funny, yet all so disconcerting.
How bittersweet this morning.  If only I knew more.  But it's all a big risk.  I guess we can only wait and see what happens.

I think I'll get around to the Joaquin Rate List (JRL) shortly.  Only 3 or so updates to put in, but still important, nonetheless.

Should be getting 5 weeks off shortly.  Just need to make it 3 more weeks after this week and I'll be sitting pretty.  I've got a total of 7 weeks off, so having 2 weeks up the sleeve is pretty handy. 
Everything is killing my brain.  I'm so damn tired.  And just to make it that little bit harder, it's also stupidly hot.  I'm cooking in my clothes in an apparently air conditioned office!  Stupid! 

Erghhh, none of this is making much sense, is it?  Feeling like I could just nap at my desk, right on my keyboard.

Have just been going back to guitar and have been hitting random next track on winamp and playing guitar along with whatever I could hear, as well as tracking down tabs that I lost when my old computer hit the fritz.  Missing my guitar pro greatness, since it was such a great and handy program to compose with.  Also good for learning about musical timing and what not.  It's been great, but from tonight I'm resolving to get on with my own stuff, as well as the other's and write some more ideas down.  Got a really great chord sequence down that's very wicked.

On top of that, I'm just generally not feeling well.  Not sure that's going to pass as work drags on, and I get back into the habit of it all.

Habits are things to be avoided, that's for sure.  Hmmmm.  This could be an interesting time now that I think about it.

Looking at the new year tick over, and I've realised that we've had this blog going since 2004.  2004-2013, holy crap, that's 9 years.  That's absolutely insane.  I wonder how many other personal blogs (about nothing in particular, e.g. a blog about nothing, with no theme), have lasted this long?  Let's see how long we can keep this up.  On that note, I should also make sure I get stuck into finishing the blog intro/retrospective.

I think there's something wrong the way the riot act is run as a news site.  It seems to function more as a forum that espouses the views of what the editors (John Griffiths and co.) consider to be facts.  I'm a little concerned that they engage in active censorship, where they delete any criticism or contrary views to their own.  They say this is remedied by joining up and expressing your own views, but this is just thinly veiled corporate consumerism.  I understand that dollars need to be made, but this isn't really a true forum.  The only way to remedy it would be to start a mirror site with everything free.  All the same information and what not and watch their readership dwindle.  Of course you would need to have a free and open discussion forum, but that's a very dangerous thing in this day and age, isn't it?  Extremely addictive though, I'll admit.

Anyway, that's it for today.

Goddamn, I should really drink more water.  Anyway, on to guitar.

Joaquin out.
blog comments powered by Disqus