Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Delightful Musings


Does my mind always go there in the first instance?  I wonder why it does?  What's wrong with me?  Then again, I can pinpoint when things started to change.  Some people are just weak.

Think on tonight's agenda is some gaming and some guitar.  I don't know what's going on, but I'm really REALLY fucking enjoying playing guitar at the moment.  It's incredibly addictive, my ear has gotten better, as have my general playing skills.  Maybe I'll FINALLY be close to attaining my university day playing skills.  That would be a wonder.  I wrote the most catchy riff I've ever written in my life last night.  Luckily I tabbed it so I won't forget it, but I didn't do anything in terms of recording it, so hopefully I have the rhythm down pat.  I don't know how real musicians get that sort of information dude on sheet music.  What about complicated strums?  Can you really account for that?

I like listening to stuff with weird time signatures in it, but I'll be damned if I can compose something like that.  Yes, I can play in it when improvising, because my internal metronome isn't bad on time signatures. 

Won't get to blog much from the end of next week I assume, as I will be heading overseas for a little while. 

Also have research to do in relation to that!  Kind of over work, but you get that.

Well maybe I do have a few tricks left up my sleeve.

Done and done.

Joaquin out.
blog comments powered by Disqus