Monday, November 19, 2012

What Is This?


Having a David After Dentist moment right now at work. Had one hell of a night. Because of a crazy weekend with too much caffiene, I napped a fair bit all over the place. Then last night I could not sleep, and I was up for like an hour because my body clock has totally changed. By the way, if you have not seen David after dentist, I highly recommend that you Youtube it now, because I think it's a perfect post-modern dissection of society. He asks some very challenging and confronting questions. Interpretation is in the eye of the beholder.

I really dislike that street and all the bad memories it brings. Can't even walk down there, at least I am not situated anywhere near it anymore.

Perhaps the other city brings out the better side of me. But I am here now and there's nothing I can do about it.

Arghh, I am struggling not to just pass out on my desk right now! At least there's stuff to do for a change!
Weekends are getting weirder. I've found that I sleep a lot more than I used to, especially in the day, because I can no longer sleep long hours during the night. I wonder what's going on? Perhaps it's just a by-product of getting older.

I know I change this list every couple of years, but the two best games I've ever played are Final Fantasy 7 and Panzer Dragoon 2. They both transport you to very different worlds where they utterly consume you. Panzer Dragoon I loved for the music, art style, and the insurmountable odds you face in taking on a whole empire singlehandedly. I love FF7 because it's brilliant. The bit where you escape Shinra HQ in the dead of night after finding out your locks are all open, there's no music and it's scary as hell?! I LOVED it. FF8 I didn't enjoy so much, in fact I found it quite depressing at times, and I don't like to think about it. I was helped along with FF7 by a strategy guide by Joe Winiarski (I hope I've spelled it correctly), who had the best strategy guide I've ever seen. Well summarised in places, and very detailed in other places, it was brilliant. Had pictures and diagrams and explained things in very descriptive terms, so you'd never be lost. From memory, I don't think the guide exists anymore. Joe, if you're out there, please upload it again, it was awesome!

I wonder what stage of freudian juvenile development I am stuck in? Haha, then again, outside of oral and anal, I don't even know what the other stages are, or if there are even any other stages!!

The more I think about it, the more I realise I could do with a holiday. Even away from games, hell, maybe even away from guitar. Just something different, where I'm forced to shutdown.

I can't wait for the end of the day.

That's it for now.

Joaquin out.
blog comments powered by Disqus