Friday, November 09, 2012

The Future's Past


I remember that lie I told in high school. Looking back on it, I don't know why I said that, but I did, and I got away with it.

Well now I'm just even more confused. It doesn't make sense in a way, but I guess in others, it does. It's all about how you interpret information, but something called subjective bias always gets in the way, and I end up second guessing myself. Which is a shame really, as usually my first instinct is the right one. But my objectives are complete, and there's the shattered pieces are being put back together. It could have all been a mistake from the get go. But everyone should know more than they do.

Guitaring is going incredibly well at the moment, I'm just enjoying playing randomly, and along with the stuff the other and I have worked on together.

I think democracy is currently a fallacy. Democracy is apparently everyone having a say. But this only true at election time. And even then, minors are unable to vote, despite teenagers having some idea about politics. If they can't vote due to uninformed 'minds' then I propose that the elderly, people over 60, cannot vote either, as their minds are starting to deteriorate. We elect representatives to serve our interests, but that's not true democracy, because how the hell do they know what my interests are? Just because the majority agrees to do something, doesn't make it right.

Let me out forward a model of government for you. A computer. Yes, that's it. Just a centralised computer that runs everything. If a decision needs to be made, people at home can vote (I haven't thought about aspects of fraud). If we need to provide funding for a project, the computer asks everyone. If it's a go, then the computer puts the plans in progress to get it done. That way, everyone can actually have a say, rather than representatives who can get it wrong (I know this flies in the face of my majority argument that I just put forth a second ago).

This brings me on to the point of the U.S. elections. Elections are incredibly divisive things, where partisanship tears communities, and even families and friends apart. Not just that, when one side inevitably loses, all manner of cries of fraud and injustice arise. It's just the nature of humanity. We hate losing. But at least what I think we are witnessing with the U.S. (and hopefully other Western nations), is that you can no longer just pander to conservative old white rich men. Minorities will band together and have their voices heard. The face of the world is changing. We are heading into the Asian century, and things are not going to be the same in future, nor should they.

Wouldn't you really love to have a way to know what people really think of you?? Then again, I'm sure if you had that ability, you would become quickly depressed, because there's so much more people think compared to what they say. And 95% of the time, I'll bet that it's negative.

Took Monday off cause I'm sick of it all, basically. At least there's only an hour of the day left. I may walk home, it's a nice day, and at least I can appreciate it.

Hahaha, new skills paying off already!  Today, I am a god!

Let's call that a day. Let's call that a week.

Joaquin out.
blog comments powered by Disqus