Thursday, November 08, 2012

Waking Up


From a weird dream. I was at the coast, but who was I with? It all seemed very sinister at the time, and I think we even fought.

Needless to say, I'm half asleep at work today, and I still have work to do. Yep, I'm tired alright.
But that's ok, cause I'll learn to cope.

Message in a bottle playing softly over my headphones, I like it.

On days that I don't go to the gym, I feel way more depressed. I need the endorphin hit. Well I could get that from other places, but it's not like it was before.

I should wait until the end of the day, and not have constant freak outs. I don't know why I'm so impatient. Maybe because I have 4 hours until work is over. Sigh! I just want to watch the Dark Knight Rises, please! Still another month till it's out on DVD.

We need more wifi in the world! Would have helped me out with my problem earlier in the week. It's funny how things are intertwined like that.

Why does the world get so down about people who have overactive imaginations? I blogged earlier about kids, the vast majority of whom are considered geniuses, yet as they get older and 'normalised', this number falls significantly. I think there's definitely a high correlation between the two. Who knows, maybe even causation? We need people with imaginations to get us over the monotony of everyday life. They're the dreamers, the ones who keep hope alive.

Since we all evolved from the same cell, does it stand to reason that we'd have the DNA of all our genetic ancestors in our DNA? If you could 'reverse' evolve, or 'devolve' would I turn into a monkey? A spider? Slimy sludge? It's interesting. So many unanswered questions about evolution. I mean if we are the last point of evolution, shouldn't everything have evolved into us? Humankind, all gone in the blink of an eye. We really are just blights in this thing called time.

We get old. Naturally speaking, of course. Then you realise how many opportunities you've squandered. Decisions that should have been made differently and so on. Then I realised the other day - this is happening to everyone. Not just me. But everyone in my age bracket. It'll happen to the younger ones out there, too. It'll happen to everyone until there are no more new people. I wonder when that will be?

In the end, we all become redundant, irrelevant if you will.

Just reading up on science issues at the moment. Haha it's funny cause a lot of it goes over my head. But some of the other stuff I'm really keen on. Like at the planck epoch, all energy, matter and whatever else was all concentrated in one area. In fact, even after the big bang, light and matter were still the same thing! We were all there at the start, and regardless of whatever happens next (big rip or big crunch), we will all be there for the end. I'm inclined to think that the big crunch is the only sustainable model, as if all matter is again concentrated, then we reach another planck epoch, and we have another big bang, and matter and all that is left to play out further possibilities. It basically seems like matter 'willed' itself into existence. It existed because it had to, and hence here we are. We are just manifestations of that purpose to just exist. Everything has to get back to a point where we, it, all, come back together.

Everything is going to be ok, so don't worry.

Think bigger. Look closer. See more.

I wonder what other scientific advancements will happen in my lifetime? Then again, I'm not even sure what my own lifetime will actually be. There are so many unknowns in existence, I hope science can reach an answer for all of them, at some point, at least.

That's enough to ponder on for today, folks.

Joaquin out.
blog comments powered by Disqus