Friday, October 03, 2014

Confirmation Of Confirmation Bias

This was just one of those days.  I just did not want to wake up or get out of bed, and my entire body hurt.  And before this day has even begun, I know things are going downhill fast.  But will there be a correction?  It's like trying to watch for the graph and hope it stops going in one direction for so long.  But either way, the Y axis is always variable, but the X axis is constant.  It will move from left to right.  That's a fact.  I've got a fair bit to get through today, in fact for the next full week.  But I've also got stuff to blog about so maybe I'll get to that first.

What's the difference between knowing and not knowing?  If the end game is the same, it's all zero sum.  But some things have been proven, and with educated guesses, I suppose even I could be right.  And how paths may have been crossed!  And things I did not want to know but always suspected have been proved.  It's a weird, weird world.  But I reckon I'm the clueless one.  Now things are making a lot more sense.  Right on the money!  Now there has to be an additional layer included.

I think good instinct must be married to common sense.  It must be rooted in common sense.  An animal that is acting on instinct is only successful if common sense is applied. I know, it's weird applying the concept of common sense to an animal, but I mean from the animals' entire scope of knowledge as a species.  Bad instinct is just random pure chance, because it's not rooted in any form of knowledge.  You would put your hand in the fire because it looks pretty, but you're not aware of the heat until it's too late.

I'm really concerned about exclusivity in retailing.  If you have an inferior product and charge an inflated price for it, it will sometimes outsell comparable items that do the same job, but why?  You'd think in a truly free market, consumer choice would dictate that the inferior product would fail.  But look at high fashion and luxury goods, it's a thriving market.  They release things like bags and really impractical things with hideously expensive price tags, and because of branding it will be valued highly and coveted by the market.  You can get similar or superior products for much cheaper!  It's a pointless exercise.  Some things I will never understand.  And it pertains to all products, not just this sort of stuff!  You can buy luxury phones overseas with jewels, and gold plating, but they have hardly any smartphone functionality!  What good is the phone??  Yikes, some things make no sense.

Damn these weird days to hell.  It's cold in the morning and then warm in the day.  I can't keep up with this.  The kind of exhaustion I have is one where I could just pass out anywhere and be happy.

Ahh in the old days, we used to play murder in the dark and jumping over the floor (as lava) in darkened rooms.  I miss those days.  They were so much simpler and happier.  Nothing lasts forever.

Things are just getting wildly out of control.  Maybe there will be a change. 

So much to do!

Joaquin out.
blog comments powered by Disqus