Wednesday, September 03, 2014

The Kings Of Controversy

Or are we the worst things since Elvis Presley?  I don't think the other or I are particularly controversial, we just like to think outside the square when possible.  Others don't particularly like that.  They are stuck in the old and outmodded ways of thinking, and can't bear to see any other way.  You know, there's actually a lot we don't know about the past.  I love a good mystery, and there's just so many that lack good logical and scientific explanations for stuff that happened in the past.  I want to find out!  I want to devote myself to finding out!  Wouldn't that be exciting and worthwhile? 

My view?  I don't think women can be real friends with each other.  They are always competing for similar interests.  They only stick together for a while for comfort, and then once they are in a relationship, they cut ties, or gradually retreat.  Even if they're not devoting themselves to the relationship, they still pull away from their friends.  It's an interesting phenomenon don't you think?  What really irks me about those new celebrity leaks (Jennifer Lawrence, Kate Upton and others) is the level of outrage it's drawn from hypocritical social justice bloggers and outraged feminists (you know the type, the overwhelmingly white, middle/upper classed privileged kind who spend their summers volunteering in Africa and toasting how much they're changing the world).  Rightly, they have picked up the problem that exists with horrible sexist and misogynist comments in relation to what came out, but I absolutely do not agree that it's victim blaming to castigate them for having photos of that sort on their phone.  I'm afraid that if you take those sorts of photos, just assume it's public.  I don't are if you're a celebrity.  We live in a digital world where privacy is now meaningless thanks to the all seeing eye of Big Brother.  People on tumblr were up in arms over what happened to Jennifer, but there were no comments in relation to anyone else who was impacted by this.  Why?  Because in the hypocrisy of this new social justice blogging, they love JLaw because of The Hunger Games, and assume she can do what she wants, so they will come to protect her, due to our celebrity worship culture.  But others don't get that same treatment, like Kate Upton - who is a model by trade, and shoots some arguably risque things.  It's the virgin-slut dichotomy that automatically permeates this discussion.  From once we were told not to handle things in such binary ways, the discussion already has that bias in it!  And it's coming from so called feminists!  I think this is really a story about vanity.  Who really takes those sorts of pictures on their phone? Are they just sitting there?  Are they so they can send them to someone else later on?  Just a nice pictorial to look at?  If you want to be vain enough to have all of those on your phone, you should be vain enough (and noting that your whole worth, as a celebrity, and as a rich person stems from this) to weather the public storm that follows.  Victim blaming my ass.  It detracts from real issues, such as Ferguson, where a victim was unlawfully killed.  And what happened to this ebola outbreak which is supposedly getting worse??  That's right, all just handy distractions.  I wonder what's going to happen with that?  News outlets have stopped reporting on it.  But anyway, back to my original point.  What happened when the same thing happened to Pete Wentz and Dylan (or was it Cole) Sprouse?  The media made fun of them and the pictures were circulated around the web.  They acknowledged they deserved what they got.  Yikes, I almost sound like a horrid men's right activist, don't I?  Next!

Before I even woke up I knew this would be a failure of a day.  Just one of those days.  I have no motivation, I'm tired and I just don't feel well at all.  I'm getting older and I need more sleep to get going.  Old age just creeps up on you like that, and it's all just downhill from here. 

Looks like I've finally found some stability on Windows 7, and it's about time!  Must have been the last update that patched everything up.  Microsoft gets something right for a change! 

Australia only makes sense if you are relatively well paid.  For those of you from other places, we actually pay an unofficial Australia Tax.  One things like cars and imported goods, so electronics, stuff like cars, even software and the like, we pay a ridiculously marked up price to obtain the same goods.  What's strange is that it happens to things that aren't even physically imported (where you would think that the cost increase would be justified).  It's because people will pay the price!  They don't care, they will pay the markup!  Wages are so good, and everyone has been priced out of property market that they like to spend on frivolous things.  I hope more people refuse to pay and force prices to come down.  That's the only way it will work. 

Oh my god!  Once again, it's 11:30 and I've run out of things to say, and that's it, it just disappears like that.  I'm still prolific here.  My time is being wasted once again.  There are the typical recurring themes on this blog (well my posts anyway), it's always time, death and guitar.  That's it!  Nothing more!  Haha, everything else is completely random.  I wonder why that is?  Just get me out of here!  I still need to get back to some reading. 

2 hours to go now, I can do this.  It's Wednesday again, even though I swear the last Wednesday update was something like 3 days ago.  I need to get to sleep, and now I'm feeling really sick.

I think I have to call it a day.

Joaquin out.
blog comments powered by Disqus